I HATE IOWA FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ-E

Discuss

:rant

I agree. I went to Verizon yesterday to purchase my Droid X and I was sporting my 10' Husker sideline hat and my 300th consecutive sellout shirt and the guy asked me if I was really a Husker fan.....ummm no I'm not, I'm a Nevada fan that likes to wear Husker gear :facepalm:

So in the middle of purchasing my phone he and several others were joking about Nebraska and that we were going to have a tough time in the Big 10 especially against Iowa. He makes several comments that our team color should be pink instead of red and that Iowa will give Nebraska a run for their money. They also asked if I lived in Nebraska and I said yes and they're like "I don't understand how some Husker fans can live in Iowa City/Des Moines and be Husker fans?" Don't they realize that there are Husker fans all across the United State...oh wait never mind they must think that becuase only Hawkeye fans are from Iowa and Iowa only that it applies to all fans being fans of thier state school. Even though they were joking I finally said "Well I hope Iowa actually shows up in Lincoln come next season cause I wouldn't be surprise to see another repeat from the last time Iowa played Nebraska!"

Oh man they were shocked when I said that and basically stopped talking football and decided to finish up on the sale.

Iowa Hawkeyes or Iowa State Cyclones or both? My Mother and Sister in law are in Iowa and are major Hawkeye fans, but they are good fans who are knowledgeable about College Football, and they respect the fact that my Wife and I are Cornhusker Fans. My Wife is a Hawkeye fan too, she was born in Crete Nebraska, but raised in Denison Iowa, so she likes both teams.

However, my wife has 2 Aunts that are Cyclone fans, and Notre Dame fans. On Saturdays, there are only 3 games they'll watch, Notre Dame, Iowa State and if Nebraska is going to lose the game.

Overall, the Hawkeye fans I interact with respect Nebraska football and can't wait to have our great tradition join the Big 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna bump this. I have some Iowa fans on my facebook who are making comments that "Nebraska calm down you beat K-State. Let me know when you actually play somebody" Or "Washington isn't even a respectable team" crap.

Please Iowa got beat by a #23-24 Arizona team and now that Arizona is in the top 10 they think Iowa is the sh*t and now that made their strength of schedule look better. Please all of their tough games are at home and they only have 2 legit tough road games of Arizona and Michigan. Northwestern isn't even that good who barely beat a lousy Minnesota team.

Why do Iowa fans talk so much sh*t about Nebraska when the last time they play Nebraska we spanked them. To talk sh*t about a team you must beat that team first.