Zac Lee not talking to press

Fuzzy

According to Sipple: Zac Lee is turning down interviews.

Can't say i don't blame him. I wouldn't want Sipple asking me 50 questions about why I'm not the starter.

Exactly. Add the rest of the media horde and we're talking 500 times they quiz him about being 3rd string. He's doing the right thing.

From everything I've read from Wats and Green's recent interviews, Zac has been a stand-up guy in the locker room through all of this. I wouldn't expect anything less.

And I agree that he's doing the right thing with these interviews. He could just release a statement that says, "I continue to work hard at practice every day, and I fully support the team and Taylor." That would answer the first 50 interviews they want to do. Barring that, keeping your head down - and not becoming a distraction - is the smart thing, and the best thing for the team.

Compare Zac to that whiner Tate Forcier at Michigan - we're lucky to have a stand-up guy like him, who appears to be taking his demotion like a man and doing what's best for the team.

Good point. And I'm glad it's night and day. Zac Lee is a winner and a team player. Tate Forcier is Tate Forcier's biggest fan.

What would the conversation look like if he did do an interview?

"So...you're not starting."

"Nope."

"Thanks, Zac!"

I'm not in the camp that Lee got screwed out of the job, but I am very skeptical of Taylor Martinez. Until I see him break Washington in two, I'll remain skeptical. I hope Lee is taking this all well and continues to compete. You never know when you might be called on again.

• Fire 1

Yeah, I mean, what is he going to say? "Imagine the level of elation, excitement, bliss, and all of those positive emotions that you'd have above an emotional 'zero' point and slap a negative in front of it." I think we can all at least imagine how disappointing it would be, leave him alone. If he had been a jerk and someone that I didn't like as a person, I could maybe get a little shadenfreude at his describing how bad he felt about it, but now I just feel bad for him. Let him work and fight to move up the depth chart, and I hope he can. The harder he fights and works, the harder everyone else has to to keep up with or ahead of him.