Niles Paul

The Snork

Kinnie has a hold on a TD play. Should he sit too?

That was a horrible call as well as the pass interference on Gomes in the south endzone.

Paul is a great player but he's got to get his head straight and focus on tucking in the ball. Two games and he already has 2 fumbles, not a great start on his senior year. He's plagued us in the past with fumbles and it looks like he hasn't changed. Kid needs to start protecting that ball. Maybe he should play a FULL game w/ no gloves like he did in the 2nd half against Mizzou last year.

It's the revenge of the Big 12. :ahhhhhhhh

That was a horrible call as well as the pass interference on Gomes in the south endzone

It's the revenge of the Big 12. :ahhhhhhhh

I'm telling you that Corner was getting driven backwards and wasn't even trying to make an attempt on getting out of that block...horrible call. The Gomes pass interfernce was a freakin joke

i think paul has a problem looking to make a move before he has the ball. he needs to fix his fundamentals and focus. secure the ball, then make a play. you cannot be thinking of making a move before you secure ball, or do try to make a move before/while securing the ball. i still have faith in paul, he will be fine and we will be embarrassed about all this anti-paul talk by the end of the season.

i think paul has a problem looking to make a move before he has the ball. he needs to fix his fundamentals and focus. secure the ball, then make a play. you cannot be thinking of making a move before you secure ball, or do try to make a move before/while securing the ball. i still have faith in paul, he will be fine and we will be embarrassed about all this anti-paul talk by the end of the season.

Some of you will NEVER be happy with any score or stats. These kids are making huge strides on both sides of the ball from game 1 to game 2. Focus seems to be a problem but other than that try sitting back and enjoying the win. Bitching about players and coaches are not helping the kids cause here. They read this board and constant negativity focused on individuals sometimes can reflect their pay on the field.

I didnt see this fumble but it sounded as if it wasnt all his fault. Sounded like it got stuck of the hip of Legate so not all the blame goes to him.

As I remember, there was the fumble, the ball hit him in the chest on a punt and went out of bounds. Fell down on a route, missed a block, got caught holding ...

Let him take a seat on the bench for a half, maybe that will help him get fixed as Bo puts it!

Some of you will NEVER be happy with any score or stats. These kids are making huge strides on both sides of the ball from game 1 to game 2. Focus seems to be a problem but other than that try sitting back and enjoying the win. Bitching about players and coaches are not helping the kids cause here. They read this board and constant negativity focused on individuals sometimes can reflect their pay on the field.

3 Things...

1) The football players are not kids. They are men. They are 18-22 yr old MEN. If you are old enough to die in war for your country, you are no longer a child. Quit saying they are kids.

2) If you think the team reads these message boards and it negatively affects their play you are nuts. You obviously have never played competitive sports in your life. When I played, if someone said I couldn't do something, or that I sucked at something, I worked my a$$ off to prove that idiot wrong, not pout and feel sorry for myself. And if our players DO feel the way you are saying, then we have much bigger issues going on than Niles 'fumble' Paul.

3) Niles will make a play to win us a game this year, but he will also make a bone head play to cost us a W. You can take that to the bank. That is the thing that gets people so upset w/Paul. They see all the ability in the world, but his head is so GD big that he hot-dogs it and doesn't think his fundamentals are important.

Niles has had his eyes elsewhere for a while. This is Niles' money, and he's only costing himself.

Physically, not many WRs can match him. Mentally, he goes near the bottom of NFL prospects. In the end, his simple careless mistakes and lackadaisical attitude will end up costing him a ton of money.

Really thought he had turned a corner and became an effort player, but another year and here we are back to the same old guy.

And you can say that only one had any chance of directly reflecting the outcome of the game. That'd be ISU. And that was one of the what four fumbles inside the 10 yard line? So let's point the fingers at others who coughed the ball up. Niles has never individually cost us a game. If we are so critical about people fumbling why hasn't Roy ever been mentioned? The dude can cough it up just as much as the next person.

I really hated his comments about why he fumbled out of the wildcat. He said something like "I hit the ball on Rex's leg and it got stuck and couldn't get it out...NOT MUCH I CAN DO ABOUT THAT". Not much you can do? What the hell does that mean? You can hold on to the ball, you can take accountability for your freakin mistake. I don't think Paul should sit by any means. He's one of our biggest threats at the wide receiver position. But he really needs to step up and realize it was his fault and take responsibility for it.

I really hated his comments about why he fumbled out of the wildcat. He said something like "I hit the ball on Rex's leg and it got stuck and couldn't get it out...NOT MUCH I CAN DO ABOUT THAT". Not much you can do? What the hell does that mean? You can hold on to the ball, you can take accountability for your freakin mistake. I don't think Paul should sit by any means. He's one of our biggest threats at the wide receiver position. But he really needs to step up and realize it was his fault and take responsibility for it.

You people just keep saying this week after week, let him play!

Paul and Robinson should take a backseat to somebody else if they cannot keep ahold of the ball!! You cannot sit here and let them fumble, miss blocks, get penaltys week after week.

I hate when people get so rude about a player. He can't magically make himself hold on to the ball all the time. He fumbles, he drops, we know. Yes, I wish he wouldn't, but he is a KID. He makes mistakes.

& I'd like to see you hold on to the ball in front of 85,000 people.

He needs to work on holding on to the ball, it is mental for him.

Obviously he has the talent, but something mentally keeps him from holding on.

I don't know what it is, none of us do. Only he can address it, with help from the coaches and team mates.

Saying horribly rude comments isn't going to fix the problem.

Paul and Robinson should take a backseat to somebody else if they cannot keep ahold of the ball!! You cannot sit here and let them fumble, miss blocks, get penaltys week after week.

You play the best players whether they are mistake prone or not. Of course you factor there mistakes in when you evaluate them but if they are better than your back-ups they should play. Paul has too much play-making ability to be wasted by sitting him on the bench.

You play the best players whether they are mistake prone or not. Of course you factor there mistakes in when you evaluate them but if they are better than your back-ups they should play. Paul has too much play-making ability to be wasted by sitting him on the bench.

I am curious how he does in practice, maybe this is just a game problem!!

I hate when people get so rude about a player. He can't magically make himself hold on to the ball all the time. He fumbles, he drops, we know. Yes, I wish he wouldn't, but he is a KID. He makes mistakes.

& I'd like to see you hold on to the ball in front of 85,000 people.

He needs to work on holding on to the ball, it is mental for him.

Obviously he has the talent, but something mentally keeps him from holding on.

I don't know what it is, none of us do. Only he can address it, with help from the coaches and team mates.

Saying horribly rude comments isn't going to fix the problem.

Your going to see a lot worse(horribly rude comments) on this forum than that.

Get prepared!

Until there is a better option, Paul will and should play. There is no better option right now.