Niles Paul

The Snork

I didnt see this fumble but it sounded as if it wasnt all his fault. Sounded like it got stuck of the hip of Legate so not all the blame goes to him.

As I remember, there was the fumble, the ball hit him in the chest on a punt and went out of bounds. Fell down on a route, missed a block, got caught holding ...

Paul has always been inconsistent, but these first two games are little more unnerving than what we're used to. Dropped a punt return, I think he dropped a pass, and lost a fumble.

My impression is of Paul is he is always focused on making something happen rather than relying on the basics of the game.

Paul has always been inconsistent, but these first two games are little more unnerving than what we're used to. Dropped a punt return, I think he dropped a pass, and lost a fumble.

My impression is of Paul is he is always focused on making something happen rather than relying on the basics of the game.

exactly. niles paul is what he is. he has the potential to make great plays and sometimes does, but is also good for at least either one turnover/penalty/mistake per game that prohibits the huskers from scoring or gives the other team an easy score. no amount of coaching is going to change that. the same goes for a guy like ricky henry. you know that he will commit 1-2 procedure penalties a game (the guy is a blockhead) and at least 1-holding penalty. also, we know that robinson will fumble in the red zone preventing us from scoring a touchdown. the coaches obviously see these problems and try to correct them; however, sometimes coaching isn't the problem and it's just the player(s). i find it much easier to watch this version of the huskers if i accept these faults, prepare a nice gin martini, and pop a xanax. everything is then a-okay.