If T-Mart struggles

Lil' Red

Struggles he stays ....... chokes he goes. I dont think Bo will let the O go back into 100% conservitive mode like we needed to last year when we got to the tough teams, he (BO) will go nuts is the offense looks to be going down that road. It will need to be bad to pull Martinez.

Very good point. It would have to be ugly to yank him and the odds of UW being able to do that is very remote, imo. I think the odds are much, much higher that Tmart/Roy/Rex run wild on them allowing lots of time for Green to get his reps.

My earlier post has disappeard so will voice it again.

I think we might just see Lee start, agreed upon before the season started. I think Lee is better suited for a tough crowd, which Washington will be. Gives us more options in the passing game, and he does not make mistakes that will cost us the game. If Martinez starts I do not expect a long leash, this game is a must win for us is my guess.

I think who ever starts will have very few problems and we will run the ball down their throats. I do not expect Martinez to be the main part of the offense if he is the starter. R&R will get the work done.

My earlier post has disappeard so will voice it again.

I think we might just see Lee start, agreed upon before the season started. I think Lee is better suited for a tough crowd, which Washington will be. Gives us more options in the passing game, and he does not make mistakes that will cost us the game. If Martinez starts I do not expect a long leash, this game is a must win for us is my guess.

I think who ever starts will have very few problems and we will run the ball down their throats. I do not expect Martinez to be the main part of the offense if he is the starter. R&R will get the work done.

skersfan, you and I both like Lee a great deal, but I still would be stunned were this to actually happen. I think all signs are pointing to us going in a completely different direction. But I will give you all the credit in the world if you turn out to be right.

I have a ? to ask, every one here all makes a good point . Does any one really worry about a 2 min offence? I really like the fake zone reads for 70 yards. Would that count for a 2 min offence? :thumbs

2-minute offense is an important part of the game. At some point, you are going to be in a hole and you'll have 2 minutes and the length of the field to put up some points. Often this is called "crunch time in a big game." When that time comes, we better be ready. You're counting on never needing to be in that situation based on a few big plays seen against creampuff opponents. I think that's a serious overlooking of reality.

These posts are giving my a stomach ache. Everybody can have an off day. I am still not a big believer that Green is ready to relieve T if we get down big.. Although his handoff last week for that TD was impressive.. got to go with Lee for the temporary relief.. if he sputters, let Green wrap it up. But we do not sputter, the D holds on, and we win by at least 9. It is a must win for us to show that we are on our way to being back. Truthfully, Washington has two good weapons and that's about it. And we have 12,000 plus fans traveling to see the Big Red put a whopping on Washington.

Other note... hit the site below for a well done story on Ron Brown and his potential battle with the ACLU.

T-Mart doesn't struggle. Struggle gets T-Mart.

:blink:

:thumbs

If T-Mart struggles, we leave him in the game. None of this pulling the quarterback crap because he is sucking. We pulled Green against Oklahoma and it looked like it shot his confidence for the rest of the season.

Besides, I don't think there will be a lot of room for Martinez to struggle. We won't ask a lot of him in the passing game, and Washington's defense is anything but dominant. We should have success running the football with Martinez, Burkhead, and Helu.

ehhh, Green was very clearly not ready to start against a team like Oklahoma. He wasn't even ready to play against lesser teams, really. Leaving him in would have cost us the game.

TMart so far seems better poised. I'll be surprised if he struggles that badly, but if he ends up playing badly and we're down late in the game, then I think the smart move would be to pull him. If we're winning and he isn't struggling that badly, then I'd lean towards leaving him in, or maybe just pull him for a few series so he can collect his wits.

We need to do what it takes to walk away with a W, regardless of anything.

Alot of the victory againist USC last year was that Coach Sark knew every little detail about the USC trojans. That was a huge part of their victory regardless of what anyone says. They played an outstanding game but it also helps knowing every little detail the team is going to throw at you.

The other huge factor that everyone seems to forget, is that U$C was missing their starting QB...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200909190065

Its not about liking one over the other. I was the one that said Martinez is the real deal. I would love for him to do well as he is from just down the road from where I work.

I think Bo is capable of playing games with the opposition. I do not know why I feel this, but I do.

I think it will be a very hostile crowd, and I feel Lee is better prepared for the situation. Not that Martinez can not do the job. I see Bo taking every advantage that he can to win the game. Not seeing Lee play any meaningful minutes takes him out of the question, but Bo is sly.

Who ever starts makes no difference to me, just the best chance of winning.

We know that Lee will not lose the game for us in a bad situation. Taylor not so much. Only due to lack of experience.

Just a gut feeling, most likley wrong.

I hope it doesn't happen but when you have a freshman QB playing his first real test in a hostile environment there is the potential that he struggles. I'm just curious what everyone thinks we should do if he struggles and how bad would he have to do for us to consider pulling him.

If T-Mart struggles I'm going straight to Huskerboard.com to complain about how dumb the coaching staff is for either leaving him in or pulling him out. After all, since I watch football games, I know much more than the coaches know about the game. I'll probably start a "Fire Watson" thread just for the heck of it as well. Oh, and I will say the sell out streak will be in danger with having such numb-skulls coaching the offense.

If TMart struggles they'll show a little patience but with solid options in Green and Lee standing-by you can't piss away a game. You have to expect some frosh errors but we won't be married to the kid. TMart does seem pretty poised though and he definitely has confidence, I don't think he'll rattle easily.

I hope he does struggle...just a little. It will help his growth as a leader. I would bet that IF Taylor is

struggling, it will be because UDubs defense is doing something to confuse him. Put in Cody or Zac(either will suffice) for a couple of series. They will have seen what washington is doing from the sidelines, the adjustments will have been figured out(hopefully) and then they go in and implement said adjustments. Taylor gets with his coaches, learns a little of what washington is trying to do, sees the appropriate adjustments that need to be made, gets his wits about him again, and then heads back in ready to tear it up.

This has to be done early, by the way, can't wait for panic mode.

I hope he can pass. It's too easy to stop a one-dimensional offense, even with 3 viable options.

Its not about liking one over the other. I was the one that said Martinez is the real deal. I would love for him to do well as he is from just down the road from where I work.

I think Bo is capable of playing games with the opposition. I do not know why I feel this, but I do.

I think it will be a very hostile crowd, and I feel Lee is better prepared for the situation. Not that Martinez can not do the job. I see Bo taking every advantage that he can to win the game. Not seeing Lee play any meaningful minutes takes him out of the question, but Bo is sly.

Who ever starts makes no difference to me, just the best chance of winning.

We know that Lee will not lose the game for us in a bad situation. Taylor not so much. Only due to lack of experience.

Just a gut feeling, most likley wrong.

I also have a gut feeling that Lee comes into a game and saves it for us. It probably won't happen in this game though.