Locker as fast as Martinez

That run against Arizona by Locker was nice, but I notice it's in the first quarter. I'm interested in seeing how fast Locker is in the fourth quarter after being hounded by the Blackshirts all game long.

First quarter speed is nice to have, but fourth quarter speed is crucial when the game's on the line and you have to make plays to keep your drive going.

That run against Arizona by Locker was nice, but I notice it's in the first quarter. I'm interested in seeing how fast Locker is in the fourth quarter after being hounded by the Blackshirts all game long.

First quarter speed is nice to have, but fourth quarter speed is crucial when the game's on the line and you have to make plays to keep your drive going.

Yeah, that's gonna be a key to this game--how much we can get after Locker. I think UW has a pretty good O-line. They've only given up one sack this year. So far.

We might see a little D-line stunting by the Blackshirts this week. Won't look quite so vanilla in how we put pressure on Jake Locker.

Locker doesn't have the moves or the shiftiness. He could gain consistent chunks when a big gaping hole opens up in front of him, but I doubt he'll have much success. Our defense is tailored to defend the pass and stop quarterbacks that can run with the football.

Locker seems to me to be like our Cody Green. Fast --- if there is a hole and he can get 4 or so strides straight line under him. Once the train is going it moves fast. But, like Cody, Locker can't really make too many people miss, has only decent lateral quickness and will not shimmy and juke or create yardage that is not there. Taylor Martinez is hyper quick, has moves and can create yardage from nothing. In a straight line 40 on the track Locker may hang with TMart --- but running the football with 21 other guys on the field? No -- not even close. I'd take Martinez over Locker in a heartbeat --- as a runner! All around, I'd take Locker! But it is pure ridiculousness to assert that Locker and TMart are even in the same league as runners.

T Marts 10yrd dash time has to be unbelievable, straight line speed from point A to point B without pads might be the same...but T Magic has the the quickest first step i have ever seen getting thru the hole for a QB....and in football you dont run in a straight line. I will take Taylor Martinezs' quickness cutting and dashing over locker...if only Taylor could throw like locker you would never stop him.

Did i get all his names?

Nebraska has to win this game. Look at it this way. There are people out there who are putting us in the same category as some of the most explosive programs in the nation. BYU does not rank among those teams, yet the Cougars beat Washington and followed that with a loss to AIR FORCE. The T-Mart vs. Locker thing not withstanding, NU must find a way to win. If we should lose, well, I think a lot of other games on the schedule become a lot more interesting. I am not saying NU has to dominate or something. It's a road game and the first such contest for our talented QB. Win, that is all. Then we can move on and have hope that our season goal of a conference title and BCS game is still reasonable.

he is fast, yes. but it takes him a lot longer to get through the hole and up to top gear. taylor is in top gear as soon as he decides to go, completely different to defend.

It really is pretty cool watching him run. He's running at full speed right out of the gate. I think a lot of it has to do with his size. 6'1", 195lbs....Locker is 6'3", 226lbs?

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see Jake running that much. I don't think Bo will defend him as a runner, either. He might run for a first down or something, but I think we will put enough of a push on him that he will be forced to make quicker throws. And our d-backs will have a great day because of it.