3 out of 5 on CBS Sports Pick UW?!?!

Husker Z

I'm not upset that 60% of their "experts" pick UW to win. We're by no means a lock to win this game. We have yet to show that we won't have a meltdown game, but we've shown in our previous two seasons under Bo that such games are possible.

We could have, probably should have, put more points on the board against each of our first two opponents, both of whom were greatly outmatched, yet we failed to play to our potential against both. We can say these were "first game jitters," but then we'd have to explain why our opponents didn't feel the same jitters in our house.

Against Idaho in particular we were a bumbling, stumbling, error-prone team that got shut down on short-yardage twice. We committed a series of ridiculous penalties and we put the ball on the carpet several times. We were once again bailed out by our stellar defense, but with just a little weaker defensive play we're winning that game by one score.

There are a LOT of reasons why we should win this game. I very, very much think we will. But it is by no means a slam-dunk.

Couldn't agree more.. I'm suprised everyone else is so suprised..

I guess I've not been nearly as impressed with the way the team has played as most on here. Sloppy, penalty ridden and turnover prone offense with an unproven injury plagued defense and a freshman QB making his first start of his career on the road..

Yeah, there's plenty of reason for concern..

I expect us to win. But it wouldn't suprise me in the least if it comes down to a final drive or stop in the 4th.

I won't be surprised with errors leading to a close loss.

I won't be surprised with a close victory.

I won't be surprised if we clean everything up, play to our potential and demolish them.

I will most definitely be surprised if they beat us by 10 or more points.

The problem with this team is their lack of consistency against weak opponents makes it hard to predict truly great things. Maybe they were just bored playing WKU and Idaho. Maybe they're really not that good. You don't know from those games.

I think we clearly have a ton of potential. The question is if we can play to that potential... that's the big question.

I won't be surprised if we clean everything up, play to our potential and demolish them.

The problem with this team is their lack of consistency against weak opponents makes it hard to predict truly great things. Maybe they were just bored playing WKU and Idaho. Maybe they're really not that good. You don't know from those games.

I think we clearly have a ton of potential. The question is if we can play to that potential... that's the big question.

they get sloppy in the second half. it really does not concern me. if our biggest problem is that we get up by 30 points and then start to play sloppy, well so be it.

also, BO gets his team up for the big games. in big games, we definitely overachieve. last year, in the va. tech, OU, and TU games it was like a different team was on the field. you could throw in the 'zona game as well, but we were up to our full potential by then, i would except to see our best ball in the last game.

defense will be in lock-down mode, and the offense will maintain focus.

they get sloppy in the second half. it really does not concern me. if our biggest problem is that we get up by 30 points and then start to play sloppy, well so be it.

also, BO gets his team up for the big games. in big games, we definitely overachieve. last year, in the va. tech, OU, and TU games it was like a different team was on the field. you could throw in the 'zona game as well, but we were up to our full potential by then, i would except to see our best ball in the last game.

Does this game count as a big game though? Seems to me this is one of those trap games where you underestimate your opponent and play sloppy, not "get up" for a big game.

Does this game count as a big game though? Seems to me this is one of those trap games where you underestimate your opponent and play sloppy, not "get up" for a big game.

hello... it is on abc. but compared to our other non-con games, it seems like a pretty game. national stage, first away game, small spread with people picking UW. jake "heisman hype" locker. seems like a pretty big game.

Hopefully Bo puts these picks by CBS or anyone else picking against us in front of the team and gets them fired up. I can see us overlooking this team like we did against ISU last year.

I dont know how we could overlook a team with a hypseman hopefull, also there is nothing to look past it for. We have SDSU next week and an off week the following week. If we lose it wont be because we were looking ahead it will be because we were undisciplined and sloppy.

Hopefully Bo puts these picks by CBS or anyone else picking against us in front of the team and gets them fired up. I can see us overlooking this team like we did against ISU last year.

isu deserves to be overlooked. this is the main event until ksu. i got to believe they have been waiting for this game for a long time. a contender in the pac-10, this is a put up or shut up game. they know this. we have largely been ignored by the media. this is how we can get noticed and prove we are a top 10 team and a contender.

hello... it is on abc. but compared to our other non-con games, it seems like a pretty game. national stage, first away game, small spread with people picking UW. jake "heisman hype" locker. seems like a pretty big game.

They are 10-28 the last 3+ years.. And I don't think a regionally televised game on ABC means "big game" like it used to when the ABC game was a nationally televised event..

We'll see. Last time they played a "better" pac-10 team they blew them out 33-0. I could see some overconfidence here. Hopefully not.

They are 10-28 the last 3+ years.. And I don't think a regionally televised game on ABC means "big game" like it used to when the ABC game was a nationally televised event..

We'll see. Last time they played a "better" pac-10 team they blew them out 33-0. I could see some overconfidence here. Hopefully not.

i think this is how the 2nd half debacle will help the team. the coaches will be able to harp on them this whole week, and the team will feel it has a lot to prove. look how much better the 'd' played after they "embarrassed" BO in the wku game.

Dennis Dodd, Senior Writer: Taylor Martinez doesn't rhyme with Eric Crouch but you wouldn't know it in Lincoln. The reincarnation of the 2001 Heisman winner (Husker Fan words, not mine), ran all over -- wait for it -- Idaho (106 passing, 157 rushing). Look for Washington to play keep-away with Jake Locker and remind Nebraska it's not quite back yet. Prediction: Washington 27, Nebraska 20

Dennis Who?

Yet Washington is so overly impressive after losing to BYU and giving up 20 points to one of the worst division one football teams - Syracuse?

This isn't too surprising. The more surprising thing for me is why we are ranked in the top ten currently, given our terrible offense last year and huge defensive losses at least on paper. We have gotten no credit for beating two cupcakes on our schedule that we paid to come to Lincoln, nor should we. That last game was a big disappointment.

This oft heard excuse that "Bo plays up to the opposition and Washington (any damn game for that matter) isn't a big game".. is just lame. He will have this team as ready and motivated as he possibly can get them. Count on it.

One area that has not been settled is whether the offense we are so excited about--TM directed running game--will work against better competition. I don't know that it will and neither does anyone else. That is likely why the three guys are not believers in a Husker Victory. Until we show this offense can control the ball and score without turnovers against legitimate BCS programs, nobody knows where we stand. A good showing and a convincing win will erase that doubt.