Thenarse says "Locker must prove he's a good QB"

Dang right he does. Locker has great talent and NFL potential, but so did Josh Freeman. And Locker has put up underwhelming production so far, hasn't he? A lot more hype than substance at this point. I used to be terrified of going up against elite talents, worried about how the D would hold up. After last year? Not any longer. The way we tore down a big talent, big production guy like Colt McCoy and hounded Tyrod Taylor all day long...I think Bo knows what he's doing on D and now we don't have to be afraid to play anybody.

I think Rickey's point is he doesn't want to make mistakes that make Locker or UW look good, if he's great, and he beats a NU D that is playing it's assignments and scheme perfectly that's one thing, but if they blow assignments it's another all together.

I think the headline puts the quote a bit out of context, but I would rather them not have said anything at all.

Dang right he does. Locker has great talent and NFL potential, but so did Josh Freeman. And Locker has put up underwhelming production so far, hasn't he? A lot more hype than substance at this point. I used to be terrified of going up against elite talents, worried about how the D would hold up. After last year? Not any longer. The way we tore down a big talent, big production guy like Colt McCoy and hounded Tyrod Taylor all day long...I think Bo knows what he's doing on D and now we don't have to be afraid to play anybody.

I remember punishing Freeman pretty good his last year. He got sacked like 4-5 times and I think was picked off a couple of times.

Bo will have his boys ready.

Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, Nick Foles, Nathan Enderle, Landry Jones all big time quarterbacks. Bo has shut every single one of these players down when we've played them. No doubt the blackshirts will be ready for Locker and what he brings to the table.

To be honest I'm more concerned about their running back then Locker. If he goes for 100+ and Locker has an ok game we could be in trouble if Martinez struggles some and/or we have mistakes on offense. I don't see Locker just going out and beating us with his arm. He'll need help from his running back and poor offensive play on our part.

Headlines like that tend to come back to bite a person in the ass... Not good.

Kinda reminds me of Andre Jones in 2006. Maybe not quite as extreme, but you don't need to give any additional bulletin board material.

I'd rather our team be the confident team providing the proverbial "bulletin board material". If they need such a thing to get fired up then they're in for a rude awakening, cause our secondary is the real deal.