Suh becomes spokesman for Omaha Steaks

Nexus

Bet you can't name a better tasting cut of steak than the Flat Iron. :koolaid2:

I'm hungry now.

Please.....Give me a ribeye cut with saute'ed morrels and onions in a red wine reduction. That ladies and gentlemen is what a steak should be. :koolaid2:

The real question is.. What's better.. Misty's or Omaha steaks?

Wrong. The real question is: When the hell is dinner? You guys have me hungry for a steak now

The only way to get a quality steak here in Vegas is by going through Omaha steaks. The beef here is all from California and it is definitely a different cut of steak than from the midwest. I like marinating mine in Guiness over night and then putting them on the BBQ. Having them during the game this weekend with the wife and mom. Now I can't wait and I may try finding out about those reductions you are all speaking about.

I picked up some Choice Ribeyes from that store over on Pioneers and 70th street before I moved out of the states. Cooked them up with a dusting of Seasoning Salt and Garlic Powder. If you get a high quality cut like that and tell me it needs a sauce on top of it, I will ask you what you are smoking. Maybe for your Walmart purchases of Select meats and lower you might want to spruce it up, but for the kind of steaks you are purchasing from these online retailers... I'd say that a soft rub is all that you need. Still, why order from these guys when you know someone who can get you a block of ribeyes, Choice quality, straight from the packing plant. I love Nebraska!

Anyone ever had a steak with melted Parm on it? (melted real parm-not the phony dried out grated chit)

It's LETHAL

Yes, but normally I grate my parm to put on top of the steak from a block of cheese...

If you have a bunch of parm laying around the other delicious thing is making frico chips with sallots to eat during a game...

I also like my steaks with melted Gorgonzola especially if you're serving it blackened.. yum!

I picked up some Choice Ribeyes from that store over on Pioneers and 70th street before I moved out of the states. Cooked them up with a dusting of Seasoning Salt and Garlic Powder. If you get a high quality cut like that and tell me it needs a sauce on top of it, I will ask you what you are smoking. Maybe for your Walmart purchases of Select meats and lower you might want to spruce it up, but for the kind of steaks you are purchasing from these online retailers... I'd say that a soft rub is all that you need. Still, why order from these guys when you know someone who can get you a block of ribeyes, Choice quality, straight from the packing plant. I love Nebraska!

I don't buy cheap cuts, but I still like my steaks with a reduction or a pan sauce. I think of it as an accent to the steak rather than masking the flavor.

My question is, if you're so against sauces or reductions, why do you use garlic powder and not the real thing? Sort of ruining the steak by not using actual garlic. :sarcasm to each their own.

On a different note, I really think HB should have a contest to see who makes the best steak.