**Official Washington Game Discussion Thread**

If Taylor had been the one that fumbled the ball, everyone would've said, "See this is why Zac Lee should be the starter." If Lee had fumbled that ball, everyone would say, "See, why didn't you put Cody in instead of Lee?" Cody fumbled, it sucked, but hey, as long as Bo still has something to be angry about after the game, we're in good shape for next week.

No, I would have said, "Whoever made that decision is an idiot for going wit the backup in that situation...even if the first play resulted in a TD." It was just an idiotic move no matter how you slice it.

Enough about the green/coaching/whoever else screw up, how about helu finally getting some good PT... and making it count

Helu, 5 carries for 32 yards

Burkhead, 5 for 53 yards

We have great RB's, it's a very good thing that we haven't had to use them as much in the running game so they'll be fresher for conference play.

beastly over 6 YPC and over 10 YPC like you said good we can keep um fresh, but we still gotta make sure this game gets sealed up...

they need to quit letting green in it kills momentum. is it Bo's or watsons fault? (hopefully this hasnt been gone ovr)

I disagree with your line of thinking. A backup QB needs to get some meaningful snaps. The fumble by Green just makes it worse than it really was. When you have a running QB like Martinez, it is even MORE important than ever to get your back up in do to the increased chances of injury.

You don't give your backup a meaningful snap on the 5 yard line in his first road start since last year. He had problems with being rattled last year, what makes them think it'll be different in this thundering stadium? You give it to him after your kickoff guy runs it to the 50 maybe. Or in the 2nd half. Not on your 5 yardline.

Yep....some call that "common sense".

I hope the coaching staff realizes that in tough road games, throwing in a back up QB on our OWN 20 yard line is not a smart choice. I think they will not do that again. Green did the same thing last week too. Came off the bench and the first play...fumble.

I liked the call! It just had a bad outcome in this instance. Your tune would be different if he drove the ball down the field.

Well so far the kid is 0-2 in first play drives while coming off the bench. So no tune changed here!

Your right, he is 0-2. But........you might be glad he had those snaps if Martinez goes down.

I hope the coaching staff realizes that in tough road games, throwing in a back up QB on our OWN 20 yard line is not a smart choice. I think they will not do that again. Green did the same thing last week too. Came off the bench and the first play...fumble.

I liked the call! It just had a bad outcome in this instance. Your tune would be different if he drove the ball down the field.

Well so far the kid is 0-2 in first play drives while coming off the bench. So no tune changed here!

how is he 0-2 when Helu scored on the first play last game??

No... he's 3/4. He had 2 TD drives against Western Kentucky, a 1 play TD drive against Idaho, and fumbled today. He may have been in against Idaho at the end too, but I think Tray fumbled the ball at the goalline... Can't remember. The announcer today was wrong when he said he fumbled the snap of his one drive against Idaho though, unless I missed something he was talking about Niles Paul.

BS, my tune has been the same when Cody's 2nd quarter drive went for a TD also, I don't like pulling a RF Freshman out in the first half period, the result is not what I am worried about.

Should we pull Crick and Amukamara out for a series in the 2nd quarter? What if they get hurt? Nobody will be ready to step in facepalm.gif

how is he 0-2 when Helu scored on the first play last game??

Beacuse on the first TWO times he has come in off the bench he has placed the ball on the carpet. Therefore...0-2.

Why are peopke dumbfounded by the Green decision.

T.O. Did it with his teams.. They said they were going to do this all week..

Green had a set of 15 plays practiced with the first team. He made a personal mistake and coughed the ball up.

I'm impressed that the kid ran with heart and stayed up.

If nothing else it's a great teaching moment.

It's not as though we won't need our backups at some point. Some of you couch coaches are so quick to throw people under the bus.

When you're a QB, you have to be smart. Trying to carry 11 people on your back is dumb.

Unless your name is Tommie Frazier

Then you do it against a team where the scare factor is not as bad. Doing it in this game is just not smart.

I haven't seen anything that scares me about this team. Very weak except for 1 drive and that seems to have been fixed by the defense. What the hell is there to be scared of?

If they open up Locker, which I expect them to do, they're playing directly into the strength of our defense. Keep the 14+ point gap and develop some depth.

This game is going almost exactly like I thought it would. We are too strong up front for Washington's D Line. They are keying on Martinez, leaving Helu/Burkhead with opportunities. Martinez has been serviceable throwing the ball.

On the defense, we are playing that containment stuff again like we did against Tyrod Taylor, and it's allowing UW to run on us. That long TD drive by Washington was not pretty, but if that's what it takes for them to score on us, I'm OK with that. They won't be able to keep up with us with long, long drives like that.

Locker has looked like Foles 2.0. Not much to write home about. That first pass he threw was a joke - never should have thrown it. He's fast enough when he gets to the outside, but he's not a brave runner. He looks a little afraid of our D Linemen. That's good.

Let's take this opening kickoff and shove it right down their throats. We score here and I'm a very happy knapplc.