Dear Negative Nellies

macroboy

Just because Martinez hasn't thrown a bomb doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Just this week, the coaches came out and said he DOES have it, Watson said his deep ball is the best he's ever coached.

Keep in mind that due to the lopsided nature of these games, Nebraska still hasn't shown that much of their offense. There are playaction passes and different option looks that I guarantee are in the playbook that we haven't been witness to yet this season. Wait 'til Texas...

This may be true, but I'll believe it when I see it. He still has awkward passing mechanics, and a few of his midrange passes were thrown pretty badly today

Shawn Watson still sucks.

:)

I 2nd that I hope hes gone within the next few years :cheers

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

In only 3 games this crappy oc has developed game plans that hve rushed for an average of 344 yards per game, 1,032 total yards, 15 rushing touchdowns, and a team averge of 8.1 yards per carry. I know the point of this thread is to post negative comments but come on. Perhaps you could tell us how many yards an oc needs in 3 games to be successful.

People that are worried about a strong running attack need to realize that when NU plays a team like that, that NU will plan to defend it.

Look, I have coached football for 10 years now and when we play a spread team, we prepare for that and change things. When we play a power running running team, we prepare for that and change things.

My guess is that for a power running team like say, Kstate, we might see 5 Dlinemen in the game, with two linebackers and 5 DBs.

I hope not or we would get a lot of flags for 12 men on the field

hahahhahahaa

People that are worried about a strong running attack need to realize that when NU plays a team like that, that NU will plan to defend it.

Look, I have coached football for 10 years now and when we play a spread team, we prepare for that and change things. When we play a power running running team, we prepare for that and change things.

My guess is that for a power running team like say, Kstate, we might see 5 Dlinemen in the game, with two linebackers and 5 DBs.

Not too many negatives with a good win like today...but I quoted the post above because

our defense does look like it is susceptible to the run and I would expect us to change things up vs. the likes of power running K-State. Suh is not there to clog the middle. David looked a bit lost today. I thought Meredith looked slow and not 100%. And Allen...he needs to step up his game. As for Green, I did not like the situation where we put in him...came out cold in a spot where we were backed deep into our own territory in a hostile, loud environment so I chew the coaches on that one as to what were you thinking and don't do that again! He was trying to fight for yards and I almost thought the whistle should have been blown but UW gets credit for continuing the play and ripping the ball out.

We got to things taken care of against the run. KState will ride Thomas the whole game if we dont get things squared away. On that long run the backup RB had, David looked like he didnt know where to go which really concerns me. Against KState and Texas we cant have that kind of indescion at LB. Hopefully Compton is healthy by then, because I think we are gonna 3 backers on the field against Thomas and Co.

With Green, I think they want to put him in their in a pressure situation to see how he reacts. As for the fumble, I think 8 out of 10 times the whistle is blown before the fumble if it looks like he cant make any forward progress. IMO the officating wasnt the best in this game, but I've seen worse.

I like alot of what I saw yesterday, but their still some things work on as the season goes. We are getting close, but we arent their yet as a complete football team. Hopefully we get some of the mistakes ironed out against SDSU, before the 2 biggies against KState and Texas.

Shawn Watson still sucks.

:)

I 2nd that I hope hes gone within the next few years :cheers

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

In only 3 games this crappy oc has developed game plans that hve rushed for an average of 344 yards per game, 1,032 total yards, 15 rushing touchdowns, and a team averge of 8.1 yards per carry. I know the point of this thread is to post negative comments but come on. Perhaps you could tell us how many yards an oc needs in 3 games to be successful.

1) I second your triple facepalm there.

2) If Nebraska's biggest weakness is stopping the run, with our coaching staff, that is the one thing I believe can be tremendously worked on and improved throughout the year.

3) Instead of starting a new thread to talk about how awesome I am, I will post a link to my prediction a week and a few days ago (Idaho game being closer than Washington) here Until Washington we won't know a thing . Yes, bow in the honor of my presence. :corndance And to every smartass out there, yes, I would like a cookie. White chocolate macadamia please.

• Fire 1

Please inform me what was so terrible about his passing game?

Nothing. I'm just pointing out that capt obvious sees the vertical passing game as a concern and you provide no evidence or commentary to dispute that.

What??? I posted his passing stats for today. What more do you need???

How many of those throws were over 20 yards? That's what I'd call a vertical passing game. His straight passing numbers don't address that.

I didnt even watch the game, and I know that he completed a 40+ yard pass to Brandon Kinnie and a 24 yard TD pass to Mike McNeil. 2/7 is over 25%. Does that answer your question?

Please inform me what was so terrible about his passing game?

Nothing. I'm just pointing out that capt obvious sees the vertical passing game as a concern and you provide no evidence or commentary to dispute that.

What??? I posted his passing stats for today. What more do you need???

How many of those throws were over 20 yards? That's what I'd call a vertical passing game. His straight passing numbers don't address that.

I didnt even watch the game, and I know that he completed a 40+ yard pass to Brandon Kinnie and a 24 yard TD pass to Mike McNeil. 2/7 is over 25%. Does that answer your question?

Both actual throws were only 10-15 yards. The rest of the yardage was YAC. Watch the game before you speak. lol.

I'll agree that we will need a vertical passing game to compete with the likes of UT/OSU/etc. The only concern i have is the lack of the long ball so far this year. Granted I'm sure there's still a lot that hasn't been shown, I just hope it's there.