Dead Memorial Stadium

NUpolo8

What in the hell do any of you expect from the fans?

Not sitting with your arms crossed pouting like a little girl. If you are that upset, don't go. Seriously it will probably be better for you in the long run. You don't watch over the players like some boss watching over his/her employees. Waiting for the slightest hiccup so you can whine and moan even more as you sit in a pool of your own bitterness that you paid mucho dinero to sit in at every home game.

Not getting pissed at people because they are "too loud". Too loud? You gotta be kidding me. This isn't a friggin library. It's a football game. It's a Nebraska football game. The home opener no less.

The players need all the support we can throw at them during the game. I don't care what year, what coach or what players. You go. You cheer. You have fun. That's what going to a Husker game is all about and everything else is crap if you ask me.

That's what I expect.

PS. When I say you, I am not talking about you imparticular junior. You as in the people sitting behind Eric, DJR and I,the people sitting behind newearthhusker and anyone else fitting the description.

AMEN. What in the hell is too loud at a Husker game?

:yeah

I agree with you. However, there are 'bad' trends that have been going on with husker fans even in the glory years. And no matter how pathetic any team may be anymore, outside of USC, college football is truly turning into an "on any given Saturday" environment. OU was bad at basically one position. And their exposure at QB would have cost them against any decent defense, or against any subpar-but-motivated-by-good-DC defense.

I think the name of the game anymore is the team that has the best coaching that can adjust to an opponent's weakness while minimizing their own is the winner. Watch that theme play out all year this season.

You make alot of sense. Hopefuly we can be on the end that figures that out.

Unless the individual behind me is physically impaired and not able to stand at the game, I could really care less what someone thinks behind me. I will sit during T.O.'s, breaks in game, halftime, etc. But when I plunk down my hard-earned cash to see the team I've loved my whole life, I'm there to SUPPORT them the best way I know how. And that's to scream and yell when the D needs the crowd to throw off the O's timing, rattle the QB, etc. The Blackshirts aren't raising their arms to the crowd to have them sign up for bowling lessons after the game. THEY WANT NOISE AND PEOPLE ON THEIR FEET! How hard is this to understand??? A few years ago a KSU fan and his girlfriend were sitting by us as some bluehair was complaining that "NO ONE COULD SEE THE GAME THANKS TO US!" The KSU fan, who was also standing and had NO ONE asking him to sit, started laughing and told me at halftime they would have been told to go home if it was in Manhattan.

I'm not saying that Husker fans should demand people leave (or act like ANY KSU fan :smokin )but this is just rediculous. Fans should realize they play a HUGE role in home games. And in these tougher years, their noise and presence is needed MORE, not less. Sure, Maine p*ssed me off. But that means my presence needs to be MORE obvious next game.

I knew you weren't talking about me personally, as I was simply stating my honest opinion as to why the stands aren't loud. I just don't buy that the fans are too old. I don't think this is the reason.

I haven't been to a game since 2001. Even when I was in college in Lincoln, I typically sold my student seat. I personally don't like standing the entire game yelling my lungs out. I would rather watch it on TV where I can't see the best plays replayed viewing many different cameral angles. Plus, I like to have a beer or two during the game.

The fans are shocked, and the fans are hurt. I have relatives that live in Kansas. I believe the fans are hurting just as bad as the Kansas basketball fans. For years and years, we struggled through 20-30 point losses in bowl games. We struggled with close and lopsided losses against OU. All under the TO era. But, we gave him time and he finally found his footing. Solich becomes the main man. The first year was a struggle, but I think deep down many of us expected this as Ahman and Frost were gone. We were left with a very young team. By 2001, we were playing for a NC. $ Byrne packs his bags for A&M, and Pud sends Solich packing. We were promised great things, and we all know NU fans are not known for patience. Things are not turning out as advertised. It's just like the KU fans watching Roy Williams come so close, but just not deliver the crown back to Lawrence. Finally, Williams moves on and shazaam wins the big one for another school. Both schools were made promises to those they held in high regard. Pud promised to take us to the top. Williams said Kansas was his home. Williams left, and so far Pud hasn't delivered us sh#t.

Fans are still going to go to the games because well they bought the tickets and for some it's probably habit. All I can say is if this season doesn't turn out any better than last year or the first game this year: GET USED TO IT! We start dropping L's left and right, the stadium will be dead silent!

I echo everyone in saying, the stadium isn't what it use to be. Where I was sitting there was very little people who knew anythign about the game or even cared. They didn't even know who Hardy was. I was talking about all sorts of things and they gave me a weird look. I just don't understand why and how people don't know much about the program anymore. I just hope they lower ticket proces once they new seats are in. Because ther eis no way people are going to pay 50 bucks a game week in week out per ticket.

I don't buy the fans are hurt stuff so they don't get into the games. I went to every game in 03 and there were some of those games where people sat on their hands. KSU was terrible as was Penn State and Iowa State. The games I went to in 02 were bad also. Crap the people in front of me have left every game for the last 3 years at halftime. I get to stand whenever I want because I sit in the second to last row in the North endzone. Will that change next year? I hope not. I pay just as much for my ticket as the next guy(maybe not the boosters of substance :wacko: ) so if I want to stand up I'm going to stand up. I have a young guy that sits behind me so he stands up to.

Benard what team do you coach again? Let me know so I can come watch those games. I'm sure they are top notch. :wacko:

I could just barely hear it but hell, I'm 1800 miles west. :lol:

Jeez, I reeeeeeaaaaaallllllllllly hate to hear that. The last game I went to was the Rose Bowl. Didn't see too many people sitting down at that game. Course they dont travel coach. :horns2

My son and I will make it back next year for a game. WANNA HEAR SOME FREAKIN NOISE :wtf:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

The crowd was rockin tonight. At least where we were sitting. We didn't get told to sit down or be quiet, so you gotta be pumped about that :blink:

I sat next to an older gentleman and his wife. Very nice people and, although they didn't stand up when everyone else was, they understood why we were and had no problem.

The guy infront of me said he was a former official. He was going bonkers and times tonight. The officiating was atrocious.

All in all a good saturday night at Memorial Stadium. I got some pics I need to look through to see if any turned out. if so, I will post em. Had a hard time getting good ones in the second half because I was up under the deck and had pretty limited lighting. I need a more powerful telephoto lense too ;)

The crowd was rockin tonight. At least where we were sitting. We didn't get told to sit down or be quiet, so you gotta be pumped about that :blink:

I sat next to an older gentleman and his wife. Very nice people and, although they didn't stand up when everyone else was, they understood why we were and had no problem.

The guy infront of me said he was a former official. He was going bonkers and times tonight. The officiating was atrocious.

All in all a good saturday night at Memorial Stadium. I got some pics I need to look through to see if any turned out. if so, I will post em. Had a hard time getting good ones in the second half because I was up under the deck and had pretty limited lighting. I need a more powerful telephoto lense too ;)

Good to here tonight. I thought it was a bit better. But it's always tough when your watching the tv...

im 6 rows up from the north enzone and the action down there was freakin sweet.

it got so loud when the WF offense was in their own 5 yard line. I went down to the very first row and hung over the balcony and just yelled random s%#t at the quaterback. it was a loud and fun game to be at.

Last night i was unable to attend the game because my co-workers are JERKS and wouldn't cover my shift to let me go... I work at the Lincoln Regional center just off of highway 77, and at times while outside i could hear the ROAR from the sea of red...i would say thats pretty rocking... keep it up skers...GBR