HuskerBoard Banner Contest - Voting Open!

Vote for the HuskerBoard Banner  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Attention fellow Huskers.

We are looking for a few good artists.

Huskerboard is looking for a fresh, cutting edge banner to replace the old image that has been a symbol of home to many of our members for quite some time. The banner currently reads, "HuskerBoard.com, the heartbeat of Husker Nation." All good things must come to an end, and our new board software (it's still new right?) could use a fresh look to top each page.

If you've got the knack for graphic art, and being a husker fan helps, then we are looking to you to provide us our new look!

There are not too many guidelines to follow, but here are a few tips:

Use the current banner to estimate the size of image we are looking for.

Only original artworks will be accepted. Make sure the work you submit is your original creation.

And the fruits of your labor? Not only is your artwork displayed at the top of each Huskerboard.com page, but we are also awarding a $50 gift certificate to HuskerNation.com. Not too shabby eh?

Artwork submissions will be collected for about 3 weeks (post them here), so make sure you get yours in! After the 3 weeks we will vote on a winner, so even if you don't have any artwork to submit, make sure you stay tuned to cast your vote! Good Luck!

Just a few additional notes - multiple submissions are fine, but please don't get carried away. We need to keep the number of submissions to a reasonable limit so something doesn't slip by. Also, remember - no copyright material. According to the University, images of current players is not permitted. So try and keep anything like that kind of generic or use folks who aren't current players - or both.

Good luck!

Really not very happy with this but at least I have a submission in:

huskerboardbanner.png

Take out cornhead man (I dont really like that pic) and maybe throw a small red outline on the HB text or vice versa (make it red w/ black outline) and I think that a winnar is you!

Edit: Also, Herbie > Lil' Red, just sayin'. :)

Heres my submission, basically 3 variations of the same design... if there is any input on maybe the best one then I will just use that one as a official submission. I think I like the first one the best.

The first 3 images have the banner with transparency (no background), and the next 3 show it with the current background and sort of a preview of what it will look like when its a banner.

Transparency...

hbcom3-1.png

hbcom2.png

hbcom1-1.png

Backgrounds...

hbcom3.jpg

hbcom2-1.jpg

hbcom1.jpg