Red River

WYHusk

Who should we go for?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First post here guys - been lurking for several years! I am rooting for OU for sure! Personally, I could care less if Texas has an 0-4 record when we play them. They always play us tough and no matter what their record is, we will get their best shot. An undefeated OU and NU in the B12 championship is what I want to see. Just seems like the right way to depart the B12 plus, I respect Stoops and Sooners, can't same the same for the horns or their fans. As much as I wanted to pull for TX this last weekend I just couldn't do it.

Winning takes care of everything. We just need to keep winning and everything will fall into place. Our schedule is very favorable and sets up nicely for a championship run but after this last game, I would be lying if I said I am as confident now as I was after the Washington game.

I have had concerns about our front 4 now all season. Seems that just about everyone has had success running right between the tackles. Hoping Bo and Carl get that addressed in the next 10 days!!!!! Our defense has gotten progressively better the last 2 years as the season has gone on. I am hopeful that trend continues.

I think its the other way around,we always played them tough, we have come so close to beating them several times even when we have our worst teams going against them! We almost beat them with Sam Keller,Jammal Lord,Zac taylor

You are right - we have played them tough. I meant that it is always a good, hard fought game and that no matter what TX's record is, with all the bad blood from last year, with us leaving the B12 next year etc.... we will get their best shot regardless of their record. Also, I remember when they beat us 37-27 in the 1996 B12 Championship. They weren't supposed to have much of a chance that year.

I went with OU as I just love the crying and BS coming from UT fans as of this weekend. You guys know, they didn't lose, that game, they gave it to UCLA. The whole game they were pretty much dominated but it was given to UCLA. I am so tired of those whiney f'n upside down UTerus fans. I'll stick with OU because they will demolish those UTerii anyways.

Well, I voted for a Texas win actually (and yes, that does feel very weird to say), but now that I've read more posts, I'd change my vote. My first thought was that I didn't want Texas to come in unranked and having just dropped two in a row. But the idea of an undefeated NU vs. OU championship game to end our era in the Big 12 / Big 8 does sound fitting. I grew up watching all those classic annual NU vs. OU matchups in the 80's and it would be the right way to leave the conference. Tuck Fexas indeed!

I'm surprised so many feel OU is going to struggle to get through the conference. I say they run the table. This team is now battle tested with so many close games and the FSU game shows they can turn it on. They proved they can fight and win 4 quarters which is something the previous OU teams struggled with (for the last few years anyway if they didn't jump out on top quick). Texas needs...no deserves as many losses as possible.

Well, I voted for a Texas win actually (and yes, that does feel very weird to say), but now that I've read more posts, I'd change my vote. My first thought was that I didn't want Texas to come in unranked and having just dropped two in a row. But the idea of an undefeated NU vs. OU championship game to end our era in the Big 12 / Big 8 does sound fitting. I grew up watching all those classic annual NU vs. OU matchups in the 80's and it would be the right way to leave the conference. Tuck Fexas indeed!

The ideal situation would be for us and OU to clobber them badly-I'm talking 42+, and for them to go into a total downward spiral. And then as soon as the NU-OU CCG game ends, OU informs UTerus that they've been accepted into the SEC and that UTerus can stick "their" conference up their Mack Brown.

1. Cowboy-fans get first dibs on CCG-tickets and a buttload of cowboy fans are hornfans. If Texas wins the RRS it is practically a homegame for them in the CCG.

2. It will be our Big12 swan-song. Walt Anderson is a horn and the bulk of the refs are Texan. Playing the horns down in Arlington under these circumstances has screwjob written all over it.

3. Hornfans tend to be arrogant as hell, the more humblepie they have to eat the better.

4. It would be nice to have one more go-round with OU.

I am a Cowboy fan =) There are cowboy fans everywhere I would say that it varies I think that most cowboy fans aren't horn fans.There are like 343433 different college texas teams and alot of people that like pro football dont even like college ball or like a random texas college.