Compton update

C N Red

Looks to me David is doing just fine.

Not that David isn't doing fine but if nothing else the depth Compton adds is huge, we only have 3 lbs covering 2 lb postions right now. We are missing Compton and our rush defense shows it.

the real difference is Compton is the QB of the defense, David, although effective, is often caught out of position, that won't happen nearly as much with Compton.

I'm just gonna say that even though it's Texas, Colt McCoy isn't the one taking snaps back there for the Whorns. Honestly, the skers, with the kind of defense they put out there, they'd only need a serviceable linebacker. LaVonte David has shown that he is way more than serviceable.

Nebraska used Dejon Gomes as it's second LB pretty much the entire game (Dime package?) and held a Heisman capable RB to 63 yards and a 2.9 avg. Honestly, having Compton back takes Gomes or David off the field and I'm not sure if I want that at the moment.

Lavonte David better not be seeing the bench at all this year, the guy has stepped up BIG time for us and to this point has been our best all around defensive player IMO.

David is the linebacker in the dime and nickel packages, in place of Fisher, whereas Compton would have been the other nickelbacker. If Compton comes back, he'll be in the game in place of Whaley or Martin.