The next three games

No doubt these next 3 games are huge for us. The important thing is taking it a game at a time during this stretch. That means we can't afford to look ahead to Texas, and we cannot let the outcome of that Texas game affect how we play the following week at Okie Lite.

No doubt these next 3 games are huge for us. The important thing is taking it a game at a time during this stretch. That means we can't afford to look ahead to Texas, and we cannot let the outcome of that Texas game affect how we play the following week at Okie Lite.

Couldn't have said it better. Although I think UT's defense is pourous and their offense isn't that great....I really think they are a prime example of what NOT to do. OU also got pushed to the limits, again I think because they are looking ahead.

We saw what could potentially have happened last week with SDSU. As everyone has said, at least it was SDSU and not a K State (yet) or someone like that.

The thing that bothers me is going on the road and playing OSU the week after the Texas game. Win or lose, this will be the peak emotional game of the season for NU. Last year after we beat Missouri, we seemed to take the next two weeks off. I just hope that doesn't happen again.

Agreed. If we beat both KSU and Texas, perhaps since they know that so much is on the line that they will not let up at OSU. that said, if we lose either to KSU or Texas, well then the likelihood of a letdown at OSU is potentially higher in that with a loss already the stakes will not be as high.

Other comments about posts --- someone said the Texas Defense is porous and their offense suspect ... well the exact could be said of NU (our D has allowed the running game to work for even weak teams --- and our offense was shut down by a team, SDSU, that an array of High School teams in Texas and Florida would beat. So...

Finally, we could easily go 3-0 these next three weeks... or 0-3. We have no real idea how good or bad NU is yet. Or Texas, or KSU or OSU for that matter. We will likely not beat them all (or lose to them all). How about a 2-1 prediction?

Of the three, let's look at what we know. KState doesn't have the horses we do. They have a great coach, but their players for the most part don't match up real well with us. If we lose to KState, it will be because we either beat ourselves or we get severely outcoached. Texas does have the horses. However, they haven't been playing very well and are inexperienced. I would like to think with this being a home game and all that we take care of our business. If Texas scores very many points on us, I'd venture to guess it's because of our turnovers. Okie State is a question mark to me. If anyone watched the game last night between Okie State and Texas A&M, you have to come to the conclusion that Texas A&M handed them the victory. Johnson's passes while at times were great but other times he just threw it when he had no business throwing it in there. If we lose to Okie State, again I'd venture to guess it will because we turned the ball over just like A&M did. Okie State's Offensive Coordinator is a tool. Who in their right mind tries to milk clock protecting the lead by throwing incomplete passes or even attempting passes for that matter. I was going for Okie State all night long until that happened. After he did that, I was hoping A&M would beat them.

After watching and seeing teams perform, I'm a little more scared of A&M than anyone else. When everyone was calling this a tough game before the season, I thought they were crazy. However, Johnson can make great throws and A&M can score a lot of points in a short amount of time. If Johnson makes less boneheaded plays and is more careful with the ball, they easily beat Okie State. I still believe the Sherman experiment will turn foul just like the Clownahan experiment did, but Johnson is scary when he isn't making boneheaded throws.

Kansas State - All we have to do is stop Thomas and we win.

Texas - Our secondary will destroy Gilbert (they got worked on their own rug by UCLA)---Revenge should propel the W

Oklahoma State - This will be the toughest test IMO. Great offense in a descent enviroment, but their D is only sub par.

Skerd,

Nothing could be more spot on. We damned near get our asses beat by a FCS team and we have little concern for the next team on the list. We have a head coach that did not respect the team on the list last week, but my guess is he learned from that.

We can only win one game a week, nothing should be considered until that is accomplished. If we do not win that game the sky will fall again. Watson and Cotton should be fired and on and on.

Win the game, worry about the next one. I learned that the first year I played the game.

It is so easy to see your team winning any game as a fan. It's relatively easy as a coaching staff or player to believe your team will win almost any future game. What is hard is to go out on game day and win! We could with not earth shattering surprise win any of our remaining games. The exact same thing holds for losing any of them. We likely will lose some. It happens. Our schedule is helpful but we are not a great football team. Neither would it appear is any of the recent suspects in the big 12. But looking at their vulnerabilities while overlooking our team's, only works till they play the game.

It will be an exciting month. I am not going to jump off any bridges if we are not 4and 0 in Oct.