K-State Game

When you're playing a team like Nebraska and you have exactly one offensive weapon whose strength is gaining medium yards with a rare play of over twenty yards, winning is just about impossible. I think the best Kansas State hopes for is to keep it respectable, and that's entirely predicated on their rush defense getting a whole lot better in a hurry and Nebraska losing the turnover battle.

Hmmm....an interesting point my compadre'. I didn't think of it that way. Thank you!! I feel a little better about it now.

This game will come down to the run defence on both teams. For us to win big our linebackers must fill the gaps limit miss tackles and have the D setup quicker. The turnovers will always play a big part but we have more weapons on the offense, 3 very good ball carriers and 2 solid WR who can block. :koolaid2:

I am in agreeance with JOEY and Husker_X. This game will be intense early due to KSU riding the adrenalin from the KSU fans that will be there. DT is a hell of a back, but I think his line isn't that great. He will earn every yard he gets. It would be foolish not to lock in on him and force their limp armed QB to try to beat the Blackshirts. If Coffman does that I would be the first to stand applaud his effort and eat a large plate of crow. But have a lot of you actually seen KSU's passing game? I will take our secondary vs their Wr's and Coffman all day, every day.

Secondly the focus of this team on the road is amazing. A major credit to Bo and the staff. They know why they are there and nothing seems to deter them.

Finally, do any of you honestly believe that Bo has gotten over 2003's "scoregate" game in Lincoln? Bo can say he is over it all he wants, but I beileve with his personality it still eats at him. I can even see him keep his foot on the gas if this game gets that way, especially after the SDSU performance.

So I can see this game being close for a quarter to maybe a quarter and a half before DONU starts to impose its will. So we'll go with

Purple Kitties 14

DONU 41

Add my vote to the Kool-Aid brigade. I expect, I think, I hope, that we'll see the same offense we saw in the UW matchup on Thursday. If our offense is firing, they'll have no chance at all. Even if we can't get the running game going, we'll win a slugfest with these guys on the strength of our defense.

I say K-state pulss a shocker. :facepalm: gosh i said it, now i need to throw up. I have a bad feeling about this game, but i also had a bad feeling about UW so who knows

This is like saying oh.. I have a bad feeling about western kentucky.. man those hilltopers scare me with all those unranked 0 star recruits.. Oh man what are we going to do, k-state has those beastly junior college transfer recruits..

I say K-state pulss a shocker. :facepalm: gosh i said it, now i need to throw up. I have a bad feeling about this game, but i also had a bad feeling about UW so who knows

This is like saying oh.. I have a bad feeling about western kentucky.. man those hilltopers scare me with all those unranked 0 star recruits.. Oh man what are we going to do, k-state has those beastly junior college transfer recruits..

haha, i know i just really haven't started drinking the kool-aid yet. if we beat texas, i'll be rolling around naked in the kool-aid.

This is a Washington type of team with one playmaker (Thomas) and a average defense. I knew we would blow out Washington, but I dont think we quite blow out KSU.

This offense has to prove to me that they can move the ball downfield. Until that happens we arent gonna be puttin 45-50 points on teams. I think alot of teams are looking at that SDSU game film to as a blueprint to stop Nebraska both offense and defense. You can say that that they werent focus all you want but their was a lot missed assignments and the huskers looked really slow against the Jackrabbits.

Nebraska wins...... 21-7. Nebraska pulls away late.

Martinez throws at least 2 more picks.

Burkhead/Helu combine for only 150 yards or so.

Paul has atleast one fumble and drop pass.

Thomas has 100 plus yards

Coffman throws at least one pick 6.