Arnold Schwarzenegger changes marijuana law

why are people so scaredof weed. I realize it causes shot term memory loss but alchohol is much more intense on the body then marijuana. The amount of money the government would gain plus save on dollars with not putting people in jail for it outweighs the negatives. it should be lagalized.

If I knew a way to do it, I would link the 10+ page article I wrote for a class two years ago on the legalization and taxation of marijuana. It has a lot of useful information, including an analysis of the revenue the gov't could make as well as debunking popular myths involving marijuana.

For example, Marijuana has no conclusive evidence that says it can kill you. There are no reported cases of marijuana overdose and death, because it is literally impossible for a human being to overdose on marijuana.

Another myth is that Marijuana causes crime. Government funded research, however, has shown that most test subjects ranging from humans to mice become far less aggressive when under the influence of marijuana.

Furthermore, alcohol is a far more dangerous substance and it is not illegal.

The pot heads don't want it legal because taxes and gov't intrusion will make the prices higher and lessen the quality of pot.

Actually it would lower the prices because there would be more competition, and competition drives prices down. And it wouldn't have any effect on the quality, really. You can get different qualities of alcohol, why would marijuana be any different?

The pot heads don't want it legal because taxes and gov't intrusion will make the prices higher and lessen the quality of pot.

Actually it would lower the prices because there would be more competition, and competition drives prices down. And it wouldn't have any effect on the quality, really. You can get different qualities of alcohol, why would marijuana be any different?

I disagree if you look at the international "Legal" prices and compare them to the "blackmarket" prices you will see they are the same. But, all "legal" drugs are taxed period. But, that's compared to countries where they pay the majority of income in taxes for social programs. I can see all the cool potheads saying how cool it is to smoke in public all the while, while paying double, and thinking there cool. Maybe I am confusing this with smokers of tobacco???LMAO!!! :corndance

If they legalized MJ prices would plummet. It grows like a weed here in Nebraska - literally. Ditchweed grew everywhere where I grew up. It's crap, sure, but if that stuff flourishes, the real deal will flourish, too. Especially if you nurture it.

The government's biggest problem with it is that I could grow it in my backyard and they'd have no idea I have it and wouldn't be able to tax it. If I wanted to I could catch a little buzz off a bowl every night instead of having a couple of beers (which I can't realistically produce in large quantities). That lack of control frightens the government and all the people who buy into the anti-pot hysteria, and those are the people who vote against it whenever it comes up for legalization.

If they legalized MJ prices would plummet. It grows like a weed here in Nebraska - literally. Ditchweed grew everywhere where I grew up. It's crap, sure, but if that stuff flourishes, the real deal will flourish, too. Especially if you nurture it.

The government's biggest problem with it is that I could grow it in my backyard and they'd have no idea I have it and wouldn't be able to tax it. If I wanted to I could catch a little buzz off a bowl every night instead of having a couple of beers (which I can't realistically produce in large quantities). That lack of control frightens the government and all the people who buy into the anti-pot hysteria, and those are the people who vote against it whenever it comes up for legalization.

Not so sure it'd make the prices plummet, but Im sure they'd drop some.... If it were legalized, people/farmers/botanists/ect. would be able to grow stronger and stronger strands of weed more easily, that would help keep the prices up... Plus the taxes on it would also keep it high(<-- PUN!) like cigarettes.

Not so sure it'd make the prices plummet, but Im sure they'd drop some.... If it were legalized, people/farmers/botanists/ect. would be able to grow stronger and stronger strands of weed more easily, that would help keep the prices up... Plus the taxes on it would also keep it high(<-- PUN!) like cigarettes.

Why would you buy it from a farmer/botanist/anyone else when you can grow it at home?

Take basil for example. It costs $3.50 or so for about four ounces of fresh basil at the store. That includes stems, not just the leaves. I can grow basil at home SO easily. It grows like a weed, with little or no work from me. I literally grow several hundred dollars worth (by supermarket prices) of basil in my garden every year, and I haven't purchased an ounce of the stuff from a store in.... forever. Why would I?

Same goes for oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage and a bunch of other herbs I grow. I hang them in my basement and use them dried in the winter, but from about July on I have all the fresh herbs I want. If I could afford even a small greenhouse I could have fresh herbs year-round.

What would ever possess me to buy herbs now that I can grow them on my own? Doesn't make much sense.

Well, a lot of people don't take the time or have the room for a garden, so buying from a store would be more convenient.... Another reason people would buy from a store is it'd be stronger. Botanist's would be able to cross-breed the different strains of MJ to make stronger stuff, that most people wouldn't go to the effort of making.

Your right though, a lot of people would grow it themselves. I just don't think that would take away from market value a whole lot.

I think the big resistance is more of the way it is criminalized and distributed then more of what effect weed has on you. We're not exactly talking about back woods bootleggers here... I think it should be legalized, but there is a whole bigger picture than just doing that.