Weekly Big XII Power Rankings

8. Kansas State (4-0). Bye week to prepare for their Thursday showdown with the Huskers. The Wildcats figure to have a difficult time working their one-dimensional offense against the stingy Nebraska defense. I can’t picture the Wildcats winning this game unless they get a truckload of turnovers or they can somehow sneak Michael Bishop into Carson Coffman’s jersey and get Bishop into the game without anyone noticing that he’s black. And good.

Quality stuff, well done, the Bishop thing really made me laugh!

Archer, where do you see the Longhorns this year? I'm on the fence about them. They have talent, sure, but they don't seem to have the ability to focus that talent where it's needed most. I'm looking for a Husker win in Lincoln, but I'm prepared for a Longhorn Revival just in time to spoil our Going Away Party, too.

The links below are to my weekly Big XII power rankings (starting after the third week). Thought you might enjoy reading them since you're at the top, of course.

And since y'all hate Mobilehoma about as much as we do...

top 10 reasons why ou sucks

rankings after 5 weeks

rankings after 4 weeks

rankings after 3 weeks

If y'all like em, I'll keep posting them here each week.

While I'm a far cry from the majority on here, I think you'll find that most of us Nebraska fans don't hate Mobilehoma as you call them at all.

• Fire 1

Archer, where do you see the Longhorns this year? I'm on the fence about them. They have talent, sure, but they don't seem to have the ability to focus that talent where it's needed most. I'm looking for a Husker win in Lincoln, but I'm prepared for a Longhorn Revival just in time to spoil our Going Away Party, too.

Through my burnt orange glasses, we're gonna win out and blOwU is gonna lose Bedlam and another game, then we're gonna beat Nebraska in the Conference Championship and go back to a BCS bowl game, where we'll get our rematch with Bama (who just lost the SEC Championship game) and we'll shut them out and look so dominant that even with 2 losses the AP votes us #1.

When I take those glasses off, I think we're going to get pounded by Nebraska and lose at Kansas State. We get Baylor, Okie St, Iowa State, FAU, and aggy at home, and the UCLA debacle notwithstanding, we've only lost something like 6 times at home in the last 11 years, so we should be favored in all of those. So I guess that puts us at 8-4, and 7-5 if we screw up one of the home games. After 9 losses the past 6 years, this is pretty hard to stomach.

While I'm a far cry from the majority on here, I think you'll find that most of us Nebraska fans don't hate Mobilehoma as you call them at all.

Agreed, junior. And I think most would agree with that. When we leave the Big 12 I'll be rooting for OU more often than not.

Agreed, junior. And I think most would agree with that. When we leave the Big 12 I'll be rooting for OU more often than not.

NU vs OU = Respect.

The links below are to my weekly Big XII power rankings (starting after the third week). Thought you might enjoy reading them since you're at the top, of course.

top 10 reasons why ou sucks

rankings after 5 weeks

rankings after 4 weeks

rankings after 3 weeks

If y'all like em, I'll keep posting them here each week.

I've not used the term "mobilehoma" but I do now. :corndance

Through my burnt orange glasses, we're gonna win out and blOwU is gonna lose Bedlam and another game, then we're gonna beat Nebraska in the Conference Championship and go back to a BCS bowl game, where we'll get our rematch with Bama (who just lost the SEC Championship game) and we'll shut them out and look so dominant that even with 2 losses the AP votes us #1.

When I take those glasses off, I think we're going to get pounded by Nebraska and lose at Kansas State. We get Baylor, Okie St, Iowa State, FAU, and aggy at home, and the UCLA debacle notwithstanding, we've only lost something like 6 times at home in the last 11 years, so we should be favored in all of those. So I guess that puts us at 8-4, and 7-5 if we screw up one of the home games. After 9 losses the past 6 years, this is pretty hard to stomach.

I love the frank comments ...... great read