Running QB vs Passing QB vs Dual Threat QB

Fuzzy

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a theory, that has to do with age range and how long people have been a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. It is my theory that older in age fans and people that have been fans for a long time are tending towards a QB that can run for TD rather than pass for TD. It is also my theory that fans that younger or haven't been following Husker football for more than 10 - 15 years are more into wanting to see a Passing QB or Dual Threat QB.

We will see if my census is right or wrong. I will explain later my theory behind this. I have class in the morning.

You don't have any way to tell the age of voters, so I don't see how this is going to prove or disprove your theory. Plus I see that all 19 voters went with dual threat. I don't know why anyone would want a one-dimensional QB.

My preference is a QB that can get the ball in the end zone. Right now I think a dual threat guy is what Bo would like to develop for this offense. Run the ball until the defense loads the box than pass the ball deep.

I have a theory, that has to do with age range and how long people have been a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. It is my theory that older in age fans and people that have been fans for a long time are tending towards a QB that can run for TD rather than pass for TD. It is also my theory that fans that younger or haven't been following Husker football for more than 10 - 15 years are more into wanting to see a Passing QB or Dual Threat QB.

We will see if my census is right or wrong. I will explain later my theory behind this. I have class in the morning.

You don't have any way to tell the age of voters, so I don't see how this is going to prove or disprove your theory. Plus I see that all 19 voters went with dual threat. I don't know why anyone would want a one-dimensional QB.

The problem is that run-first QBs are euphemistically referred to as 'dual-threat' frequently. The true dual threat is rare.

but maybe when you say "dual-threat" you're only talking about guys like Michael Vick, who are NFL-capable passers.

Dual Threat i mean anyone who can run and pass on a college level. Vick did both in college but then just ran in NFL. I seem to remember a video based on Ocean's Eleven but with sport convicts and wrongdoers and Vick is suppose to pull the pin of a grenade and throw it, instead he pulls the pin and scrambles. Everyone in the room shouted "Don't scramble throw it!"

Time again the NFL proves that running QB's just can't cut it in the pros, you either have to be a passer who can run or a passer, you can't be a running QB and make it in the pros.

So, by your definition, does Tommie Frazier count as a dual-threat, or a running QB? What about Turner Gill?

Gill was definitely dual-threat. Tommie is borderline but when it came to clutchtime dude could definitely pass.

:yeah

GBR!!!

dumb poll bc obviously a qb that does both well is the best...

Agreed. Everybody is going to pick "Dual threat". That's a guy who can both pass and run; he's both a "Running" and "Passing" QB so who wouldn't choose that?

And if you're interested in a pass vs run poll, I'm sure there are at least a couple already on the board somewhere.

Michigan's QB seems to be the true dual threat. I'd probably also put Griffin from Baylor up there as well. Really, all of them can succeed. It just depends on what you have around them. The Bama QB doesn't need to run because of the stable of backs he has back there. All he has to do is manage the game. We've seen teams with each style of QB win the NC. Here in the colder climate states, I do believe it is imperative that the QB at least be able to run some.