Honest Expectations

With Bama losing today it moves OSU and Oregon into one and two spots. Its plausible that both those teams could lose the rest of the way. Leaving the next two teams Boise State, and TCU.

Do you think the two NON-BSC teams continue to get leaped much like Oregon did?

NU leaps OU to No 5

Rounding out my Top five for next week

Ohio St.

Oregon

Boise St.

TCU

Nebraska

What do you think the odds are that NU continues to leap TCU and Boise St. Ohio St. loses one, then NO. 2 NU Beats No. 3 OU in the CC and meet Oregon, for the BCS National Title?

With Bama losing today it moves OSU and Oregon into one and two spots. Its plausible that both those teams could lose the rest of the way. Leaving the next two teams Boise State, and TCU.

NU leaps OU to No 5

Ohio St.

Oregon

Boise St.

TCU

Nebraska

What do you think the odds are that NU continues to leap TCU and Boise St. Ohio St. loses one, then NO. 2 NU Beats No. 3 OU in the CC and meet Oregon, for the BCS National Title?

Nebraska might jump Oklahoma this week, maybe TCU, but probably not yet. If Nebraska wins a close game against Texas, they'll stay outside of Boise State and TCU. If they dominate, they have a chance to jump both of those teams. Now's the time to make the move though. After the Texas game, Nebraska will be expected to win soundly each game it plays (before the CCG), and that makes it hard to exceed expectations and move up in the polls.

If we meet an undefeated OU in a championship game the winner (US of course) jumps to the NC game. No way Oregon, Boise or TCU gets the nod over the Big 12 champ. If the big 12 starts to fall apart and beats each other up I still give and undefeated Big 12 champ a 75% chance and I will be upset if and undefeated husker team and Big 12 champ is not in the game.

No way the winner of a game between an undefeated OK and NE teams does not get the big game.

If we end up not getting the game over Oregon than I hope we get a shot at Boise.

Ton of ball left to play.

If we meet an undefeated OU in a championship game the winner (US of course) jumps to the NC game. No way Oregon, Boise or TCU gets the nod over the Big 12 champ. If the big 12 starts to fall apart and beats each other up I still give and undefeated Big 12 champ a 75% chance and I will be upset if and undefeated husker team and Big 12 champ is not in the game.

No way the winner of a game between an undefeated OK and NE teams does not get the big game.

If we end up not getting the game over Oregon than I hope we get a shot at Boise.

An undefeated Oregon will get the nod over an undefeated Big 12 championship winner, if they stay ranked ahead of us up to that point. They've got enough hype, and their strength of schedule will be perceived as being stronger than ours, in a down year for the Big 12. Plus, the national media will jump on to the storyline that Oregon going to the championship over an undefeated Nebraska is poetic justice for Nebraska going over 1-loss Oregon in 2001.

I actually think Oregon's most likely loss will be USC. I'm just thinking that Monte will get that defense coached up. It's also at USC.

Oregon State or Arizona might still give them a run for their money too.

Looks like James Rogers has a bad injury ....... lucky for the Ducks althought it would have been tought for OSU even a full strenght.

Also, this discussion is why "style points" are important in college football. Oregon moved from being behind us at the beginning of the season, to jumping over us thanks to ridiculous 69-0 or 72-0 type wins against teams like Portland State. The first decent team they played was last week against Stanford, and they had already moved ahead of us, and just needed an impressive second half showing to jump Boise.

We need to be aware of this as the season goes on. Style points matter. KSU was good the other night. But style points will go a long ways in wins against the next 3 teams. We're going to need it down if just 2 of the teams in front of us stay undefeated, which seems pretty likely.

An undefeated Oregon will get the nod over an undefeated Big 12 championship winner, if they stay ranked ahead of us up to that point. They've got enough hype, and their strength of schedule will be perceived as being stronger than ours, in a down year for the Big 12. Plus, the national media will jump on to the storyline that Oregon going to the championship over an undefeated Nebraska is poetic justice for Nebraska going over 1-loss Oregon in 2001.

OH ..... Say it's not true. (I live in Oregon and my wife is an OSU student so I want OSU to win tonight but that just makes a Duck win over OSU even better so I am torn). Lets hope USC finds some life.

exactly that

NU leaps OU to No 5

Ohio St.

Oregon

Boise St.

TCU

Nebraska

2 WAC teams in the top 5 ..... they are like the SEC. Next thing you know the Big 12 will not be able to get undefeated teams into the top 4...................OH Wait