Top 10 Reasons Nebraska fans hate Texas

ADS

Wow, that article is terrible. Some of the points are valid, but the whole thing is really poorly written and obviously wasn't proofread.

Nebraska fans and most Big 12 North fans in general were probably fine with how the Big 12 title game rotated and how many cities were involved: Kansas City and St. Louis for the northern teams and San Antonio and Houston for the southern teams. But by adding another southern city, Arlington, into the mix last season, it tipped the scales in favor of the Big 12 southern schools. While there’s no evidence Texas was actually behind this move, the fact the conference looked at Arlington in the first place was just another sign to Big Red nation of how the conference takes care of the Longhorns since Austin and Arlington are a mere three hours apart.

This is the first I've heard of anyone being upset about Jerryworld being added to the rotation. That was about money, as it seats tens of thousands more people. LOL at Texas being behind that. And as for Austin being a mere three hours from Arlington, so is Norman. So why isn't anyone accusing the conference of "taking care of the Sooners"?

Just to keep the Big 12 Conference alive this summer, commissioner Dan Beebe essentially worked out a deal that allowed Texas to pursue its own network it chooses while the Longhorns still get a higher percentage of conference revenues than the other schools in the conference. Nebraska fans just scoffed at how the conference wasn’t even trying to hide the fact that Texas was treated differently than everyone else in the Big 12.

Sigh. Teams that are on tv more get a slightly larger percentage of tv money. Every other team that isn't on tv as much still makes money off of Texas, OU, and Nebraska being on tv so frequently. That's why the smaller schools' ADs were even willing to pony up some money for Texas A&M (20 million promised by Beebe, much of which is coming from other schools' tv payouts) just to keep this conference together so they could keep making money off of the top tier teams' tv appearances in the future. Also worth noting is that a similar payoff (bribe?) to what A&M is getting was offered to Texas and OU, who both declined it.

"In the end, it was the right call. But don’t tell that to Nebraska fans that say using replay to check the clock should never have happened and that the whole game was poorly officiated because there was no way the conference was going to let their cash cow (no pun intended) lose. The Longhorns earned the conference $18 million from playing in the BCS title game."

I've heard this argument before, but only from people who don't know what they're talking about. ALL of the BCS bowls paid $17 million last year, including the championship game. So if the conference was actually rigging games for the sake of money, they would have rigged it for Nebraska, not us. Then NU gets the auto bid as conference champs and we get an at-large BCS bid as a one-loss team and the conference gets two 17 million dollar paydays instead of one. Hellooooooooo.

Wow, that article is terrible. Some of the points are valid, but the whole thing is really poorly written and obviously wasn't proofread.

Nebraska fans and most Big 12 North fans in general were probably fine with how the Big 12 title game rotated and how many cities were involved: Kansas City and St. Louis for the northern teams and San Antonio and Houston for the southern teams. But by adding another southern city, Arlington, into the mix last season, it tipped the scales in favor of the Big 12 southern schools. While there's no evidence Texas was actually behind this move, the fact the conference looked at Arlington in the first place was just another sign to Big Red nation of how the conference takes care of the Longhorns since Austin and Arlington are a mere three hours apart.

This is the first I've of anyone being upset about Jerryworld being added to the rotation. That was about money, as it seats tens of thousands more people. LOL at Texas being behind that. And as for Austin being a mere three hours from Arlington, so is Norman. So why isn't anyone accusing the conference of "taking care of the Sooners"?

"In the end, it was the right call. But don't tell that to Nebraska fans that say using replay to check the clock should never have happened and that the whole game was poorly officiated because there was no way the conference was going to let their cash cow (no pun intended) lose. The Longhorns earned the conference $18 million from playing in the BCS title game."

I've heard this argument before, but only from people who don't know what they're talking about. ALL of the BCS bowls paid $17 million last year, including the championship game. So if the conference was actually rigging games for the sake of money, they would have rigged it for Nebraska, not us. Then NU gets the auto bid as conference champs and we get an at-large BCS bid as a one-loss team and the conference gets two 17 million dollar paydays instead of one. Hellooooooooo.

good points of opinion... Say, wasnt the replay official guy a UT grad? I forget.. because that would be reaching for straws for an unbiased reason to put .01 back on the clock since that stuff happens at the end of most games <cough>. Regardless, say what you will about multi-Big 12 BCS payout days... What really mattered was that little ol' TCU would have been playing Alabama instead of Texas for all the marbles. Its foolish to think that was going to happen.. if there was some way to stop it? Just so happens the replay official made it possible to add the extra .01 for a FG try. Niiice...

good points of opinion... Say, wasnt the replay official guy a UT grad? I forget.. because that would be reaching for straws for an unbiased reason to put .01 back on the clock since that stuff happens at the end of most games <cough>.

True or false: The ball landed out of bounds with one second left.

You know it's true. Cornhuskers can't even argue that the wrong call was made. Some of you would rather have had the timekeeper's mistake stand so you could benefit from it, but you all know they got the call right in the end.

Regardless, say what you will about multi-Big 12 BCS payout days... What really mattered was that little ol' TCU would have been playing Alabama instead of Texas for all the marbles. Its foolish to think that was going to happen.. if there was some way to stop it? Just so happens the replay official made it possible to add the extra .01 for a FG try. Niiice...

So it wasn't the Big XII who rigged it, it was the NCAA who rigged it using Big XII officials? That's some conspiracy. When did they decide it would be Texas and Bama in the championship? When both were still unbeaten by midseason? At the beginning? Man, I sure would've expected us to get some calls in College Station when Texas A&M was giving us a hell of a fight. Turns out we got called for 6 penalties to their 5. I guess the NCAA just knew we'd pull that one out. And in the CCG, why did the refs make us take over a possession at the 1 yard line when the returner's knee hit down even though he was muffing the catch and didn't have possession? I guess they have to make it look good, right?

Come on. Put the X Files conspiracy stuff away, bro.

• Fire 1

good points of opinion... Say, wasnt the replay official guy a UT grad? I forget.. because that would be reaching for straws for an unbiased reason to put .01 back on the clock since that stuff happens at the end of most games <cough>.

You know it's true. Cornhuskers can't even argue that the wrong call was made. Some of you would rather have had the timekeeper's mistake stand so you could benefit from it, but you all know they got the call right in the end.

Regardless, say what you will about multi-Big 12 BCS payout days... What really mattered was that little ol' TCU would have been playing Alabama instead of Texas for all the marbles. Its foolish to think that was going to happen.. if there was some way to stop it? Just so happens the replay official made it possible to add the extra .01 for a FG try. Niiice...

So it wasn't the Big XII who rigged it, it was the NCAA who rigged it using Big XII officials? That's some conspiracy. When did they decide it would be Texas and Bama in the championship? When both were still unbeaten by midseason? At the beginning? Man, I sure would've expected us to get some calls in College Station when Texas A&M was giving us a hell of a fight. Turns out we got called for 6 penalties to their 5. I guess the NCAA just knew we'd pull that one out. And in the CCG, why did the refs make us take over a possession at the 1 yard line when the returner's knee hit down even though he was muffing the catch and didn't have possession? I guess they have to make it look good, right?

I will agree, when the ball landed out of bounds, 00:01 was on the clock.

I will also patiently wait for the next football game to have an extra second put back on the clock, when a timeout is called, or a play is run that should stop it.

Still waiting...

Putting one second back on the clock was the correct call. Say an extra second ticks off the clock when a timeout is called midway through the second quarter of a game. It's not treated the same way because the game doesn't end in that situation. You can consider that one second expiring at the end of a game an 'egregious error' because that error caused the game to end. It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

• Fire 2

No fair, that's a trick question! :LOLtartar There was .01 left for sure had it been called that way on the field before we thought we actually had finally won. Besides, dude made a high pressure kick and that was all that really mattered in the end.

No conspiracy here, it was a great game despite us losing. We represented, yall beat us. Its Texas week man.. I just have to beef up the Huskers/Horns talk some, vent a little 1-8 frustration or whatever its been lately, and take some jabs. Come on hook'em.. I'll buy you a beer. And then I'll buy you a few more once we are up by 14, 21, 28, etc... :)

No fair, that's a trick question! :LOLtartar There was .01 left for sure had it been called that way on the field before we thought we actually had finally won. Besides, dude made a high pressure kick and that was all that really mattered in the end.

No conspiracy here, it was a great game despite us losing. We represented, yall beat us. Its Texas week man.. I just have to beef up the Huskers/Horns talk some, vent a little 1-8 frustration or whatever its been lately, and take some jabs. Come on hook'em.. I'll buy you a beer. And then I'll buy you a few more once we are up by 14, 21, 28, etc... :)

It was a great game, indeed -- not sure I've ever seen a better defensive game from two teams at the same time. Barely 300 yards of COMBINED offense. Are you serious, Clark? We doubled Suh most of the game and I think he still had 4 sacks. Beast mode.

And yeah, Hunter Lawrence hit arguably the biggest FG in school history (Dusty Mangum hit from 37 yds to beat Michigan in the '05 Rose Bowl).

So, yeah, we're gonna finish Big XII play at 8-2 against you, but you'll always have scoreboard. Until 2012 when GG is a senior, Malcolm Brown is a sophomore, and we play y'all for all the marbles...

You won't want to play us in 2012. Martinez will be a Junior, Burkhead will be a Senior, and all of these crazy-good defensive players we have that Bo redshirted will be seniors. If you think our defense is good now, wait until next year.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

And the year after that.

Well.... you get the picture.