Watson: "I haven't seen a set of receivers block as well in a game in three decades of coaching."

Nexus

Yes, Nebraska's offensive line blocked very well at Kansas State, especially the guards. So did the tight ends.

Heck, the Huskers rushed for 451 yards and averaged 10.7 yards per carry.

Don't forget the wideouts' contributions as blockers, Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Tuesday.

"Niles was outstanding," Watson said. "He had several knockdowns -- more than just a handful. B.K. (Brandon Kinnie) was outstanding, and so was Mike McNeill."

In fact, Watson said, he hadn't seen a set of receivers block as well in a game in three decades of coaching.

LINK

They did do a great job most definitely. But they had no other choice. Just go back to the previous game against SDSU. The receivers, the o-line, RBs, QB, the focus and effort across the board had to be addressed. So glad it did. Big difference in a matter of one/two weeks. Wake up call served a great purpose eek3dance.gif

at 5:35 helu has a nice block as well. It really feels like this season is starting to come together. And also I lol at the "Jaw-drop kid" every time I see him

Yeah it definatly feels like the team is clicking and trying a little harder at everything. I was impressed with the blocking from the receivers and the rb's alike. Playing very selfless and like a team should. Hopefully this carries over against Texas.

I thnik the best thing is that way every play was executed, even at the start the plays were nice and crisp, I think this O can run a nice long drive anytime so even if a D slows down Martinez company stopping them is a differnt matter. Texas will have a big job stopping use from scoring more points than they can against our Defense.

He must have never seem film of the Huskers from about 1975 to 2001

Thought the same thing.

I took the quote to mean that of all the teams that he (Watson) has been a part of in his 30 years of coaching, that's the best he's ever seen.

On a side note, Ron Brown is a big reason why those Nebraska teams of the past were successful with downfield blocking. Afterall that was back when he was a dual position coach overseeing both WR & TE during the Osborne & Solich eras. That blocking we're seeing nowadays has Brown's prints all over it.

Thought the same thing.

I took the quote to mean that of all the teams that he (Watson) has been a part of in his 30 years of coaching, that's the best he's ever seen.

On a side note, Ron Brown is a big reason why those Nebraska teams of the past were successful with downfield blocking. Afterall that was back when he was a dual position coach overseeing both WR & TE during the Osborne & Solich eras. That blocking we're seeing nowadays has Brown's prints all over it.

Wouldn't he have seen us when he coached at Colorado?

Thought the same thing.

Of course, but he wasn't a part of our team back then. In other words, whatever team he's ever been a part of in his 30 year career, this is the best he's ever been a part of as a coach. He's obviously aware of other teams doing it as good or better, but he's not a part of it as their coach. Does that make sense?

Thought the same thing.

Of course, but he wasn't a part of our team back then. In other words, whatever team he's ever been a part of in his 30 year career, this is the best he's ever been a part of as a coach. He's obviously aware of other teams doing it as good or better, but he's not a part of it as their coach. Does that make sense?

Yeah, but you could also take it that this is the best he's seen since being a coach, either his own team or from film or against other teams.

Thought the same thing.

Yeah, but you could also take it that this is the best he's seen since being a coach, either his own team or from film or against other teams.

Yes, of course. Which is why I responded with my own interpretation. I'm not advocating that my interpretation is the definitive one.