Greatest individual performances in losing efforts

JTrain

Nominate a performance or two (or more). Definitely go back as far as your memory serves you. List stats as well. Here a few that come to mind for me:

Tommie Frazier, 1994 Orange Bowl vs. #1 FSU

13 of 24, 206 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 14 carries for 77 yards, MVP

Jammal Lord, 2002 vs. #7 Texas

7 of 14, 98 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 23 carries for 234 yards

Ndamukong Suh, 2009 Big 12 CCG vs. #2 Texas

12 tackles (10 solo), 6 TFL, 4.5 sacks

Maurice Purify against CU in 2007. 11 catches. 136 yds. 3 TDs. We hung a half a hunderd on CU and still lost by two scores. Thanks Kevin Cosgrove.

we knew the terms of cosgrove, if callahan could score 70, cosgrove could guarantee a win. more the 50, then a 50/50 chance of a win. anything less, it would be a loss. callahan knew what his offense had to produce, they had a compact together.

See, the problem is that Nebraska hasn't lost that much over the years. I've gotta go with what I know.

Barry Sanders - 1988 NU vs OSU

189 yards, 4 TDs

But...in the spirit of this thread, my nod goes to Suh. I kept thinking, how can one guy be so disruptive the entire game. Just amazing. Was it the '94 Orange bowl listed above where Frazier had that crazy 80ish yard TD run?

If we’re gonna list efforts *against* Nebraska, then I gotta go with the passing stats of LA Tech vs. NU 1998:

Passing: Tim Rattay, 46-68 passing, 4 TDs, 590 yds

Receiving: Troy Edwards, 21 catches, 3 TDs, 405 yds

Nominate a performance or two (or more). Definitely go back as far as your memory serves you. List stats as well. Here a few that come to mind for me:

Tommie Frazier, 1994 Orange Bowl vs. #1 FSU

13 of 24, 206 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 14 carries for 77 yards, MVP

Jammal Lord, 2002 vs. #7 Texas

7 of 14, 98 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 23 carries for 234 yards

Ndamukong Suh, 2009 Big 12 CCG vs. #2 Texas

12 tackles (10 solo), 6 TFL, 4.5 sacks

nice except we won that game

The 3 examples in the OP are about as good as it gets... Lord's effort wasn't quite on the level of the other two, in my opinion, because of that decisive interception at the end.

Frazier and Suh truly had super-human performances in games where Nebraska was expected to get blown out, and did everything they possibly could have done, and then some, to put their team in a position to win.

Gdowski, who threw three touchdown passes and racked up 280 total-offense yards, had driven the Huskers from the NU 12 to the CU 42 in the last 1:40 before the last-ditch pass fell incomplete.

Gerry Gdowski's pass intended for Jon Bostick in the end zone on the last play of the game was deflected by Colorado's Dave McCloughan, preserving the second-ranked Buffaloes' 27-21 win over third-ranked Nebraska and leaving CU all alone at the top of the Big Eight standings.