Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

Red uniforms are inevitable. "Red Out Around the World" needs a focal point on gameday. Fans wearing red isn't anything special so the marketing dept will need another focus. Why would they go to all the trouble to promote the "Red Out" and then do nothing? Doing nothing does not make sense from a marketing/branding perspective and Husker football is big business.

I don't think the players will give a damn. And quite frankly, if wearing red pants affects their performance, then they lack serious focus and deserve to lose anyway. They're pants, just pants...

Honestly I think those black uniforms look bad. Stick with what we got, I fail to see what's wrong with our uniforms.

I dont get it either. Some say change it, its no big deal, everyone else is doing it, its only one game, change is inevitable...bullsh#t. The uniforms are great. I havent seen a better example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" in a long time.

Red uniforms are inevitable. "Red Out Around the World" needs a focal point on gameday. Fans wearing red isn't anything special so the marketing dept will need another focus. Why would they go to all the trouble to promote the "Red Out" and then do nothing? Doing nothing does not make sense from a marketing/branding perspective and Husker football is big business.

I don't think the players will give a damn. And quite frankly, if wearing red pants affects their performance, then they lack serious focus and deserve to lose anyway. They're pants, just pants...

Good call, 307. In football, substance always trumps style. The coaches and players should know that better than most.

i have confirmation from someone in the athletic department that we are going all red uniforms. not sure about the new helmet tho..

Oh really, who is your source? I can verify this with my source that says this is BS. :moreinteresting

:facepalm: :facepalm: God this board is ridiculous with who is your source crap. If it happens we will all still cheer for NU

if it doesn't happen guess what we still all cheer for NU. GBR

I am trying to quash ridiculous rumors, not call someone out. I have a very good source when it comes to equipment related issues. If you read back to the Virginia Tech 2008 game, there was a rampant rumor that there was a B****** that obviously didn't occur. Don't believe the rumors.

I am trying to quash ridiculous rumors, not call someone out. I have a very good source when it comes to equipment related issues. If you read back to the Virginia Tech 2008 game, there was a rampant rumor that there was a B****** that obviously didn't occur. Don't believe the rumors.

I'm more inclined to believe you, mostly because your source confirms what I want to happen :D

i have confirmation from someone in the athletic department that we are going all red uniforms. not sure about the new helmet tho..

Oh really, who is your source? I can verify this with my source that says this is BS. :moreinteresting

:facepalm: :facepalm: God this board is ridiculous with who is your source crap. If it happens we will all still cheer for NU

if it doesn't happen guess what we still all cheer for NU. GBR

who are your sources?

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

I'm more inclined to believe you, mostly because your source confirms what I want to happen :D

:lol: I'm with ya there buddy :lol:

Honestly, I think it would be absolutely incredible if we busted these out again (frickin' sweetness)...

would be pretty cool if they'd bust out the vertical shoulder stripe look for '71 team in 2011.

ncaanc1971opt1details.jpg

how about a throwback to something like this. a modern version would be borderline obnoxious but interesting:

ncaanc1929opt1details.jpg

maybe even throw in some of these stripes!

ncaanc1902opt1details.jpg

or not.

Here's the general link btw:

http://www.heritagesportsart.com/Nebraska-Cornhuskers-c87/

We should bust out the '71 unis if we Oklahoma in the B12 title this year

nebraskan.png

Just so everyone is clear, the above helmet image has been available online for over a year. I stumbled on a website that has all kinds of theoretical alternate helmets for different teams and they all had the same style with the black visor on it. I just looked for that site again, but couldn't find it. But check out this site that uses the exact same graphic style. So obviously this didn't come from the athletic department. I doubt Nexus meant it that way, but I just wanted to make sure that nobody thought that there is a chance of seeing the above helmet Saturday.

I heard about the all-red uniforms Monday through a friend in the athletic department. I didn't post it on here because I didn't want to get all of the skeptics dumping on me (but I understand because I always roll my eyes when people post inside info based on "sources"). Anyhow, not 100% sure this is the case, but I can say that this is consistent to what I've heard from my friend in the athletic department.

My friend also told me last week that Husker Vision wanted to have a special video of NU-UT highlights from the Big 12 title game last year set to this song right before the tunnel walk. But he told me this week that TO nixed that idea. Too confrontational I guess, but I think it would've been sweet. I noticed that Unsportsmanlike Conduct on 1620AM opened yesterday's show with this song, so maybe they heard that this idea was nixed as well. Or maybe it was just an amazing coincidence.

Honestly, I think it would be absolutely incredible if we busted these out again (frickin' sweetness)...

would be pretty cool if they'd bust out the vertical shoulder stripe look for '71 team in 2011.

ncaanc1971opt1details.jpg

how about a throwback to something like this. a modern version would be borderline obnoxious but interesting:

ncaanc1929opt1details.jpg

maybe even throw in some of these stripes!

ncaanc1902opt1details.jpg

or not.

Here's the general link btw:

http://www.heritagesportsart.com/Nebraska-Cornhuskers-c87/

If we wore either the second or third jerseys we would blow Oregon out of the water with coolest uni's.

We need to treat this game as if it was any other. Doing anything out of ordinary will be distraction to our team. So I say NO to the all REDS and NO to new helmets. Theirs absolutely no way Bo would approve doing this a for a game like this, SDSU maybe.

Its not gonna happen.... if it does i'll come on here saturday night, find this post and say i was wrong.

too late. I don't know if you've heard yet but this is the official "Red Out Around the World" game. They even made a little video before the season started. Just in case anyone was under a rock at the time, it got a little bit of national attention.

They did some "out of the ordinary" struff for the OU game last year: celebrating a few of the old schools from NU and OU and unveiling a special tunnel walk, etc.

I think the athletic dept is going to do something like this each year from now on, maybe Ohio State next year.

Point is, because its been officially declared as this years big home game, its already out of the ordinary.

Still not a big fan of the all reds but i lightened on it in the last day or so. but only a little.

also, for the record, i kinda like the idea of a one-off game with black unis for the Blackshirts. it wouldn't be difficult to make it unique so its doesn't reak of TTech.