texas game

GHOST

I was wondering if their might be some plays that we might do this weekened that we havent seen yet? Also since brown did a fake against tech do you think BO would do the same early or late in the game? I knoe texas got killed by ucla and their pistol but I'am sure mack brown got into their heads with the buy week that they had. I gotta be dumb not to think that texas will try some trick plays but what do you people think?

I liked that 1st play we ran on KSU last week but they only ran it once, came out in a power formation with a fullback for a 5 or 6 yard run with Helu. Hope to see some more of that.

I agree. I really miss the power I formation and I'm sure Watson will open up the playbook.

From the things that I have heard that have gone on in the past week since the KSU game it is really hard to think that we will not be ready for this game.

The play that I want to see a heavy dose of is the option from the shotgun. The one where Roy is lined up next to TMart, we bring Rex in motion, then TMart either hands to Roy, or runs the option with Rex.

From the things that I have heard that have gone on in the past week since the KSU game it is really hard to think that we will not be ready for this game.

The play that I want to see a heavy dose of is the option from the shotgun. The one where Roy is lined up next to TMart, we bring Rex in motion, then TMart either hands to Roy, or runs the option with Rex.

Agreed. That play is ...

2-Dynomite.jpg

From Texas, I don't think we'll see much trickery. However, I do think they'll show us more of a spread attack similar to what they ran with McCoy. Gilbert was made for that spread offense, so I'm thinking that will definitely be a part of the game plan and something the Blackshirts must be ready for.

Remember how conservative out offense was last year? How many trick plays did we run last year? I don't remember any, but if we did, it was only one or two. Texas will run a very conservative offense on Sat. I think. I think they will rely on their defense to win the game for them, just like we did last year. I expect short passes, screen passes, bubble plays, etc. Maybe one or two deep throws but that is about it. Maybe one trick play but if we shut it down, they won't run another one. On our side, I actually think we will run a trick play or two since we are not so conservative on offense this year.