I guess we know Crick is going pro....

The emotions of a farewell tour through the Big 12, of leaving behind more than a century's worth of history with the Jayhawks and Cyclones, et al, are lost on the Huskers.

"Our mindset stays the same," senior defensive tackle Jared Crick said. "We don't think, 'This is the last time …' For me and a lot of the guys, it's the last time we're playing anyway."

My link

if he does leave early, i wish him the best but he is not doing himself any favors if he wants to be at his best as a nfl prospect.

Are you joking? He is already a 1st rounder, cash that lottery ticket. I never understood guys like Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, Gresham. Those guys all had lotto tickets and every one of them took incredible punishment their senior years almost costing them security for the rest of their lives. Suh is the exception not the rule, anytime you have a chance to take the money you do it. In the case of McCoy, Gresham and Tebow you could argue they actually cost themselves money. Bradford got lucky.

I don't think this is what he was saying, so I'll wait to see more concrete evidence than a Maisel article with at least one significant factual error before I worry about it. Besides, with the NFL season next year being so unlikely, any underclassmen thinking of coming out early after this year needs to pause, think and possibly get checked for brain injury. Crick seems smarter than that.

if he does leave early, i wish him the best but he is not doing himself any favors if he wants to be at his best as a nfl prospect.

Are you joking? He is already a 1st rounder, cash that lottery ticket. I never understood guys like Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, Gresham. Those guys all had lotto tickets and every one of them took incredible punishment their senior years almost costing them security for the rest of their lives. Suh is the exception not the rule, anytime you have a chance to take the money you do it. In the case of McCoy, Gresham and Tebow you could argue they actually cost themselves money. Bradford got lucky.

you are comparing apples and oranges, quarterbacks and defensive linemen. there is a big difference between the development and potential of a d-linemen and a qb.

you are comparing apples and oranges, quarterbacks and defensive linemen. there is a big difference between the development and potential of a d-linemen and a qb.

Crick is already a first rounder. To me the risk of injury outweighs any sort of developement he may gain.

If Suh didn't go pro after his Junior year, there's no way Crick should - at least from a talent standpoint. Suh was light-years ahead of where Crick is during each guy's senior season. It makes zero sense from a player development standpoint for Crick to leave now. For his sake I would hope he stays for another year. If he leaves he'll only hurt himself, since we'll have Chase Rome, Thad Randle and The Stein coming back. I would be very comfortable with those three at DT. With Crick in the mix next year, we're stone-cold set at DT.

The fly in the ointment is the impending NFL lockout of the 2011 season. Many players who would possibly leave early (Crick, Dennard, etc) may have no choice but to stay, since there won't be any place for them to go. The UFL and/or the CFL aren't the draws the NFL is.

The last nail in the coffin for this particular panic session is the fact that this was written by Ivan Maisel. While Ivan is a capable writer, he's not local. I also don't trust that he got every single fact straight, especially since he's taking the stance that this is a huge "revenge" game for the players, when they've gone to great lengths to show that it isn't. Bottom line, this story was written to grab attention in any way it can. Don't worry about anything from this article.