**Official Texas Game Discussion**

It's been bugging me since it happened but right before Hagg took that punt back the clock ran after the WR had run out of bounds? Can anyone explain that to me?

But damn we blew our own foot off today. 4 dropped passes with the player on the way to the endzone, playing flat on D in the first half, turnovers inside our 30 yd line, and yes there were some questionably bad calls (biggest would be Amukamara's PI call, if anything it's defensive holding).

But nothing that couldn't have been able to overcome if we had played at least halfway decently.

This was Pelini's Oct. game this year where the team blows (see Mizzou in 08 and TTech and Iowa St. in 09). Good thing though is that next week we go on the road against a team that doesn't have a defense as good as Texas.

We lossed to a sub-par Texas team, if there was any year where we could do it, any year when we could FINALLY beat Texas, it was this one. And yet we still lose. Texas did what it had to, but we only beat ourselves.

Disagree. People kept telling me (neutral fans) that NU would romp in this game b/c texas sucks. I tried to argue that Texas was easily the best two-loss team and better than most if not all the 1-loss teams.

they laid and egg (as teams tend to do once or twice a season) and lost to UCLA b/c they were thinking about OU and they lost to OU because the Sooners were just better.

All the two losses in a row did was piss them off UT's players and maybe lull some of the Nebraska players into thinking they weren't as good.

It's been bugging me since it happened but right before Hagg took that punt back the clock ran after the WR had run out of bounds? Can anyone explain that to me?

But damn we blew our own foot off today. 4 dropped passes with the player on the way to the endzone, playing flat on D in the first half, turnovers inside our 30 yd line, and yes there were some questionably bad calls (biggest would be Amukamara's PI call, if anything it's defensive holding).

But nothing that couldn't have been able to overcome if we had played at least halfway decently.

This was Pelini's Oct. game this year where the team blows (see Mizzou in 08 and TTech and Iowa St. in 09). Good thing though is that next week we go on the road against a team that doesn't have a defense as good as Texas.

I'm glad someone else brought that clock running up. AFAIK if a guy is in the motion of being tackled as he goes out then the clock runs but in that case the guy just flat out ran out of bounds! And then the announcer makes note of it because thats the last thing you want to do in that situation. if that time is on the clock is pelini more likely to not onside it? who knows.

We lossed to a sub-par Texas team, if there was any year where we could do it, any year when we could FINALLY beat Texas, it was this one. And yet we still lose. Texas did what it had to, but we only beat ourselves.

Disagree. People kept telling me (neutral fans) that NU would romp in this game b/c texas sucks. I tried to argue that Texas was easily the best two-loss team and better than most if not all the 1-loss teams.

they laid and egg (as teams tend to do once or twice a season) and lost to UCLA b/c they were thinking about OU and they lost to OU because the Sooners were just better.

All the two losses in a row did was piss them off UT's players and maybe lull some of the Nebraska players into thinking they weren't as good.

I didnt say Texas was a bad team. Very talented players, good coaches, etc. Just compared to the teams of the last say 7-8 years under Young and McCoy this team isnt as good. In a year or two I think Texas gets to the NCG again under Gilbert.

Texas just used the South Dakota State playbook.

The difference is Texas is stocked with better athletes.

Watson can't (won't?) adjust to stacked defenses until it's

too late. Receivers that don't know how to catch the ball.

3 points in 3 quarters. 6 points total from Watson's "offense".

Time for Watson and Gilmore to update their resumes.

Time to put a final end to the failed Callahan experiment.

Until then, we'll lose to every Top Ten team we face.

What a fitting end to a terrible game.

Bo- tip your hat to your elder. You, and your staff got outcoached today

I'm sorry but 4 dropped balls in the endzone? That's not outcoached. That's just... sucked.

I know what you're saying but this has been a problem for 2 years now. If we don't have kids that can catch we have to find them or stop throwing.

Yeah, it was just so bad. You could make a list of "Factors" and throw a dart and you're bound to hit some Factor of Failure.

I actually thought the coaching was generally fine. Short of a couple of missed tackles by Thenarse, and a boatload of WR drops what else could they do?

Play calling was terrible. Way too many zone reads. If it isn't working, why keep doing it? Im clueless...Congratulations to Texas, u guys always beat us and Thank you to Orangeblood and TexArcher, you two are class acts and we hope to see you on the board again in the future

Yep, that's my problem with it as well. It took far, far too long for them to figure out the zone read wasn't working and to move mostly away from it. Almost 3 full quarters, if memory serves. If was obvious in the first quarter they had the zone read covered almost perfectly, but Watson refused to switch until the late 3rd. Mind boggling.

Not even so much the zone wasnt workin but to keep running the same playd over and ovre is just plian sad, the d line just got out played