What we learned today

Dropped passes cost us the game.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

Not the lackluster defense.

Dropped passes cost us the game. Let's be clear about that.

I'll agree except about the officials. They didn't call a lot of holding calls. The PI against Prince was a weak ass call. They didn't call PI's against our receivers. The refs absolutely sucked today.

Didn't cost us the game.

:facepalm:

1. No matter how wide open you are, dropping the ball makes you look foolish

2. Shawn Watson may have been possessed by the spirit of Bill Callahan for a better part of 2 quarters

3. Hang time isn't important during onside kicks

4. Roy Helu can be added to the "can't produce against good defenses" list. He seemed to be looking for a place to fall.

disagree there. He produced well against OU and VT last year. Two very stout D's.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

Agree, but you have to admit the refs were questionable at best

maybe but i felt like this was the least we had ever been screwed by refs in a nu vs. texas game.

2. Shawn Watson may have been possessed by the spirit of Bill Callahan for a better part of 2 quarters

One other thing that I would ad is: When you replace a Qb that running is his strength, for a QB that passing is his strength Why in Gods Name would you keep running the F-ING Zone Read? I know that our recievers were dropping the ball which is inexcusable, but having Zac come in and run the F-ING ball is even more inexcusable. Taylor could have finished this game the same way. Why even take him out? Now we have a freshmen that has lost even more confidence because of the coaching staff. Sorry that is NOT how you get your F-ING spark!!!!!

You keep running the zone read because it's working. Even Lee was getting 3-4 yards a pop and the RBs were getting 6-7 yards. Even though T-mart is more explosive, he was making the wrong read way too often. Lee made the right read almost every time, which kept the offense moving.

One other thing that I would ad is: When you replace a Qb that running is his strength, for a QB that passing is his strength Why in Gods Name would you keep running the F-ING Zone Read? I know that our recievers were dropping the ball which is inexcusable, but having Zac come in and run the F-ING ball is even more inexcusable. Taylor could have finished this game the same way. Why even take him out? Now we have a freshmen that has lost even more confidence because of the coaching staff. Sorry that is NOT how you get your F-ING spark!!!!!

I have only small issues with the play calling when Lee came in. In the end, how do you build a scheme, down by 17, when your receivers won't catch anything you throw to them?

You put Lee in and hope he makes better reads and gets momentum going. Which he did.

I'd like to see anyone make a gameplan that looks good against one of the best defenses in college armed with receivers who can't make a catch.

That totally blew my mind too. Bring in "Zac Lee" to run the ball???? Wtf??

We learned that our offensive line is not as good as the KoolAid led some of you to believe. They were owned all day for the most part.

We learned that we shouldn't buy into the hype after tearing up teams with rush defenses that aren't in the top 100 in that category.

We reaffirmed that Taylor has a long ways to go in his pocket presense and throwing. Yes he had drops but he threw some real bad ball as well.

We reaffirmed that our defense will keep us in any game

We reaffirmed(even though mostly self inflicted)that we are indeed Texas' bitches.

ANd yes that last line made me puke up beer and burgers in my mouth as I wrote it. Truth hurts.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

I agree with you, but I still hate Wats.

My quick two cents. The d-line played Good. Secondary played Good. I am beginning to question Ek (3 yrs. later and only 1 solid LB, Dillard).

We all knew Gilmore was questionable (I really would like to see Brown take over his duties), the o-line was alright but showed its a**.

Martinez is exciting, but Lee needs to be on the field.

Dropped passes cost us the game. (Can accept one or two, but how many did Paul drop. I hope he takes responsibility as easily as he called for the ball).

Not the playcalling.(somewhat agree, but Watson called a much better game with Lee in, it looked that his play calling was just hoping that T-Magic would break a long one imho).

Not the QB play.(Against fast defense T-Magic has problems making the correct read in the zone read, that was obvious).

Not the onside kick.Ok, agree, but I wouldn't have done it.

Not the officials.Agree, though they sucked.

Not the early fumble.Agree

Not the lackluster defense.Yeah, but YOU HAVE TO WRAP UP. If you will not wrap up, you should not play.

Rumor is Taylor had hurt his hand, and Lee was more effective running the zone read than Martinez today, so what can you do?