What we learned today

I still dont get why we took out T-Mart. Do the coaches not have confidence in him or what? I think we should have kept him in to show that the coaches still believe in him. Besides he gave us that big play threat. Lee doesn't. Martinez could have easily done what Lee did while he was in. The only difference was on Lee's drive Texas managed penalties for 30 yards. I think it was a huge mistake by the coaches to replace him.

I completely disagree. Martinez was getting nowhere and was making the wrong read in the running game over and over. Lee came in and gave us a shot to get back in the game. You don't stick with a quarterback just to show you believe in him, you go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Martinez will probably keep the starting job, but the coaches had to try to get the offense running.

Just one question for your post. Three TD passes dropped isn't able to move the ball down field? Everyone new we weren't going to get 80 yard TD runs today. Oh yeah and everyone and their dog wanted him to pass the ball, and said that he couldn't if he had to. Well I thought he really threw pretty well. To bad our BIG HEADED recievers can't catch Wel at least PAUL with the BIG head. He should sit by the way.

In the postgame press conference, Pelini said they put Lee in because they were looking for a spark. Martinez wasn't working, maybe Lee would.

In the end, it didn't matter which one was in. We needed a spark at WR.

Martinez was a threat with his legs. Texas sold out to stop him. They did. Martinez had to beat them with his pass. He did. Until the ball touched the hands of one of our WR's.

Lee wasn't a threat with his legs. Texas sold out to stop the RB's. They did. Lee could get a few yards on the ground as a result, but nothing significant. So Lee had to throw the ball. He did. Guess what happened? We dropped the ball.

Just one question for your post. Three TD passes dropped isn't able to move the ball down field? Everyone new we weren't going to get 80 yard TD runs today. Oh yeah and everyone and their dog wanted him to pass the ball, and said that he couldn't if he had to. Well I thought he really threw pretty well. To bad our BIG HEADED recievers can't catch Wel at least PAUL with the BIG head. He should sit by the way.

Yeah, we were losing yards every other play. Martinez was passing OK, but his runs were going for negative yards. Lee came in and the offense started moving down the field methodically. Even though the receivers were dropping passes, he was making the right read and getting 3-4 yards when they took away the backs. Martinez had 3 touchdown passes dropped in nearly 3 quarters and Lee had one dropped in his quarter, so the passing was really pretty close. However, despite having less talent Lee was executing the running game better and getting positive yards nearly every rush. Martinez will get it figured out, but today was not his day.

We learned Martinez is no Eric Crouch or Tommie Frazier. Maybe someday, but not even close right now. And why don't we ever run trick plays. Why not put Lee and Taylor in together? Something to confuse the defense. Run the flash reverse like we did with Crouch/Stuntz against Oklahoma. Anything will do. Our offense doesn't move because we don't run many plays. We are very vanilla on offense, just like last year. Only diff. this year is Taylor can make something out of nothing against average defenses.

We lost today because we didnt play well.....simple words but its the easiest way to put it. In my opinion taylor got replaced because he wasnt doing a good job with the zone read. He was doing the opposite of what should have been done on alot of the plays. Lee came in and did a really good job, but both QBs got hosed by horrible hands of everyone the ball was thrown to. We played a game where we spotted texas 10 points right off the bat. I still dont know why we didnt have that one actual catch reviewed in the 3rd quarter, instead we rushed a 4th down punt.

Its one loss but now the season starts, we need to play good football from here on out, mizz is now in first which makes that game even more important. We can still win the conference and go to a BCS game which would mean a whole hell of a lot more to me than beating texas.

To many people thought that texas was bad.....umm they werent, they lost to oklahoma, which can happen any time and then they had a game against UCLA like we had against ISU last year....sh#t happens, suck it up and win the next game.

At least we didnt get our mouths punched like Ohio State is right now.

Yeah, we were losing yards every other play. Martinez was passing OK, but his runs were going for negative yards. Lee came in and the offense started moving down the field methodically. Even though the receivers were dropping passes, he was making the right read and getting 3-4 yards when they took away the backs. Martinez had 3 touchdown passes dropped in nearly 3 quarters and Lee had one dropped in his quarter, so the passing was really pretty close. However, despite having less talent Lee was executing the running game better and getting positive yards nearly every rush. Martinez will get it figured out, but today was not his day.

Just a thought but I think that all the yards that you are talking about are the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike calls that went against Texas. That is the only thing that kept that drive alive. Damn Now I sound like a Lee hater and I am not I just want the best player in the damn game.

Just a thought but I think that all the yards that you are talking about are the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike calls that went against Texas. That is the only thing that kept that drive alive. Damn Now I sound like a Lee hater and I am not I just want the best player in the damn game.

Lee's first drive: 83 yards (30 of them penalty)

Previous 5 drives: 48 yards

I want the player who gives us the best chance to win and T-mart will be that in the future, but he just wasn't getting the job done.

There was alot of things that cost us the game besides dropped passes. We had way too many penalties, we also put the ball on the ground too many times one of which resulted in 7 points for Texas. I don't care what anyone says, I'm not exactly thrilled with the way our defense started the game. Those first 10 points were way to easy, even through 7 of them were from a Roy Helu fumble.

1). Our running offense with TMart depends on poor team speed on defense. It looks to be a gimmick that was exposed much like Robinson/Michigan against fast defenses. We'll have trouble with others on our schedule.

2) Our passing game sucks, just as it did in most games last year, save the bowl, the miracle in Columbia.

3) We have terrible receivers and are going to have trouble recruiting elite receivers in this offense.

4). Suh was more important than the staff or fans admitted.

5). We had the media fooled, but they will be off our wagon big time now.

The important thing is how the team comes back. Don't give me that "Bo will have them ready" crap. I think much of this staff and players have been sharing the coference and ncs koolaid with a lot of our fans. They have to be shaken. The D will see a much better offense the next two weeks and Okie Lite will be pumped. Watching Misery Bslap ATM after they had scored 30 against Ark and OSU, makes me think they are better on D than Texas. It will be a chore to keep the wheels on. Lose one or both of these next two games, we will limp to the big ten.