Butthead & Paul

WCHusker

First time I've heard Burkhead referred to as 'butthead'

We'll be fine, T Martinez was benches 'cause his passes were dropped...someone will step up. Who? Good question, but just as 8 TOs v ISU isn't likely to happen again, I don't see us dropping 8 passes again.

Texas is in our head like the Yankees are in the Twins head. We'll be alright, just sucks we couldn't pull it off vs the Horns before we bolt.

GBR

Didn't we have 8 fumbles against Idaho. We had five today. Try again...

We'll be fine, T Martinez was benches 'cause his passes were dropped...someone will step up. Who? Good question, but just as 8 TOs v ISU isn't likely to happen again, I don't see us dropping 8 passes again.

Texas is in our head like the Yankees are in the Twins head. We'll be alright, just sucks we couldn't pull it off vs the Horns before we bolt.

GBR

I believe he was referencing last year's Iowa state game

In the post game interview Niles said as a receiver he has a short memory so he's already forgotten about today and looking forward to next weeks game. In case any of you guys were worried about how he was taking things.

Sadly, he's just not very smart.

I said he shouldn't see the field after the Idaho game, his mental f***ups cost us the game.

GBR

I believe he was referencing last year's Iowa state game

I know he said it isn't likely to ever happen again, but we had 8 fumbles against Idaho this year. If that happens two years in a row, it is very possible we drop 8 balls in a game again

GBR

You're right we won't drop 8 passes in another game. Perhaps we'll have 8 missed tackles instead? Or 8 busted coverages? 8 interceptions? How about 8 false start penalties?

I thought we had run out of ways to lose games to Texas too. I was wrong. Tired of the excuses. We blew it.

Burkhead was all alone right next to the endzone nobody even close to him and he catches then drops the ball

Same with Niles Paul, right next to the endzone, the ball goes right through his hands.... 2 point blank touchdowns given up

Thank you. It's about time someone calls out REX. Everyone's hating on Helu, Paul and Kinnie (deservedly so), but feeling sorry for REX? C'mon now Rex is as much to blame as anyone else. let's not go giving him a pass cause he's white. (Yeah I said it!)

Martinez had 2-3 horrible misses...the rest are on Burkhead, Paul and Kinnie. Have to make the catches. Point blank. End of discussion.

Of course...B-shirts...WRAP UP AND MAKE A F'ING TACKLE!!! (yeah Thenarse...we are talking to you...my 9 year old knows to wrap up and SEE what you're tackling!) FFFAAARRRKKKK!!!!

Burkhead was all alone right next to the endzone nobody even close to him and he catches then drops the ball

Same with Niles Paul, right next to the endzone, the ball goes right through his hands.... 2 point blank touchdowns given up

Thank you. It's about time someone calls out REX. Everyone's hating on Helu, Paul and Kinnie (deservedly so), but feeling sorry for REX? C'mon now Rex is as much to blame as anyone else. let's not go giving him a pass cause he's white. (Yeah I said it!)

oh yeah Taylor is white too good thing no one said anything bad about him, yea wait nevermind...

Burkhead makes very few mistakes, so I'm not upset with him. However, I am amazed at how poorly Niles Paul plays every week. It's crazy!

Agreed. Time to put him out to pasture and bring in some of the younger guys.

Did you see Enunwa got a target from Martinez early in the game? I couldn't tell if the pass was broken up or if he couldn't quite handle it, but he woulda taken it to the house 'cause that dude's got dangerous speed. IMO he's the next great WR threat coming up the ranks.

I guess Taylor throwing the ball to the moon and Burkhead having to look up into the sun didn't help either <_<

You would be better off saying it hit him in a bad spot. That is more accurate. Hit him right in the hands.

It did but there was no need for Taylor to put that much air under the ball

That is no excuse. A freshman in the biggest game of his life that is criticized weekly that he can't throw the ball, threw some beautiful balls. To much air under it? Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to blame martinez. He hit them in stride, division 1 athletes on a top 10 team. Catch the ball.

This is insane. I give him a pass because he so rarely makes a mistake. I can't actually remember the last time that he made me grit my teeth or yell at the TV. I'm just cranky about Paul's consistent inconsistency, something that none of the other players you name don't have problems with.