MNC Chances

HeyBurke

There is no way a team can get BLOWN OUT of the final regular season game, not even make the conference championship game and still get into the national championship game . . . . oh, wait, never mind.

:rollin I needed that...thx.

Ary you talking about LSU in 07 -- they beat UT in the SEC CCG --

Not a Big 12 fan or are you young?

Look up the 2001 football season

There is no way a team can get BLOWN OUT of the final regular season game, not even make the conference championship game and still get into the national championship game . . . . oh, wait, never mind.

:rollin I needed that...thx.

Ary you talking about LSU in 07 -- they beat UT in the SEC CCG --

:facepalm: He's talking about Nebraska

We have the talent, we have the horses. We just have to harness and utilize it the right way. Right now, that isn't happening. And it isn't solely on the Taylor situation, but that is undeniably a part of it, IMO. Championship teams need championship quarterbacks. He's an exciting player, but he's a freshman athlete running at quarterback when he could be a dazzling young supplement to the offense, rather than the horse we hook the whole wagon to.

Other places to point the finger...coaches, and motivation. Something is just not right here. Not saying these are bad coaches, but right now MNC talk needs to be out of the question.

No chance, we don't get the same respect that LSU gets. Winning the Big XII and playing in a BCS bowl is the best way this season can end.

It is not about respect LSU gets -- take a look at that year -- LSU played #9 VT -- won big played #7 UF won -- Lost to #18 Kentucky and unranked Arkansas -- in triple overtime after they had wrapped up their division. During the 2007 there was 57 upsests that year -- LSU had the 3rd hardest schedule in the country that year played top 20 teams 7 times not including the NC game

Yeah, and do you see any top 10 teams we are going to be playing anytime soon? Beating teams like that really helps your case for playing for a title. Right now only OSU and Missery are ranked in our schedule. Everyone else is fairly weak, but that doesn't mean they can't beat us. If we win the next two games we might get back in the Top 10. We just need to win games because I don't see us getting a chance at this point and beating the snot out of teams isn't going to help our strength of schedule anyways. It's just another typical Husker schedule with some weak OOC games that don't help us in any way.

0.1391112%

We are 16th in the BCS and LSU in 2007 was 12th when the first standings came out. We would need some really crazy things to happen (similar to 2001) like Nevada beating Boise, Air Force beating TCU and the SEC to beat each other out of the competition. Then we'd need impressive wins against Okie St and Mizzou and to beat #1, undefeated OU in Arlington. We'd also probably need at least one big upset in the Big 10.

If all those things happened, we could slip in at #2. At this point I'd be happy winning the North.

0.1391112%

We are 16th in the BCS and LSU in 2007 was 12th when the first standings came out. We would need some really crazy things to happen (similar to 2001) like Nevada beating Boise, Air Force beating TCU and the SEC to beat each other out of the competition. Then we'd need impressive wins against Okie St and Mizzou and to beat #1, undefeated OU in Arlington. We'd also probably need at least one big upset in the Big 10.

If all those things happened, we could slip in at #2. At this point I'd be happy winning the North.

Not that I'm service-biased, but I'm looking forward to AF in this game...as for the OP, the MNC shouldn't be on the radar right now. Too many weaknesses opened up since the SD game to be thinking about that.