October Woes

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As we have seen the last couple of years, the worst month by far is OCT. which sucks cuz its my bday month. And my moods swing with the wins and losses. I dont foresee another meltdown in october but who did last year? I think okie state is legit but i dont think mizzery is and it will show this weekend. Otherwise we will be in for a tough 2 weeks and the woes of october continue for this program. if so ill say move these conference games to sept and play non con in oct haha.

We are who we are. Texas had two weeks to prepare and losing 2 in a row didn't help us much either. Hats off to their Def. Coor. he had them ready to play and it was hard to see the Black Shirts play like they did. This game is right up there with the '83 team losing to Miami, losing to Missouri in '78 the week after we had finally beat Oklahoma and then the Orange Bowl rubbed salt into the wound by inviting Oklahoma to the Bowl for a rematch. Team and fans alike started in believing all the hype. I guess Taylor Martinez isn't quite ready for the T-Magic nick name yet.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

as bad as we were in this game we still had a chance to win... but not one player stepped up to make it happen. with that said i have hope that we dont continue 2 or 3 loss october like the past. but at the same token going into this game i looked at it as a measuring stick and of all games i thought that if our team were to step up it would be this one. whatever the issue was weather it be players/coaches/fans believing in the hype, or that we just dont measure up against great teams yet i dunno.

Believe it or not, the defense also didn't get it done yesterday when they needed to. We shut them down for the most part, but Gilbert made some big plays, getting them the early score. And at the end of the game, when we needed the ball back, we just let Texas drive on us with the run and chew up the clock.