The reason I enjoyed October 16th

First off, I hated that fact that Nebraska "dropped" (sorry had to) the game to Texas, I found myself cussing at the TV several times. What made it better?:

Eleven months ago my wife and I were blessed with triplets, 2 boys and 1 girl. I had to go to Lincoln to pick them up at their grandmothers and tagged along in a caravan from a nearby town with many people going to the game dressed in RED. I told my wife I didn't want to do this because I wanted to watch the game; she left me no choice! (she worked the night before and wanted to sleep and reminded me "it's just a GAME") But I showed up at my mother-in-law's and she had the kids ready because she knew my intention, "get back home to see the start of the game."

I got back home with plenty of time to unpack the kids and make them a much needed bottle. They finished the bottles shortly after the opening kickoff. This left me with THREE satisfied and happy babies!

Throughout the course of the game I cussed (in "Barney" language) when Texas did something good or Nebraska bad. My one son found it amusing, so he laughed hysterically everytime Nebraska did something bad. My other son, however, cried with the outbursts (he's the Husker fan). My daughter whined and cried the whole time because we weren't watching "Finding Nemo"!

When the game was over, Texas won, Nebraska lost, but I found myself completely satisfied because I spent 3+ hours with my children watching a game I love. I know they don't know the difference but I certainly do. I was tempted to add to my "honey-do" list with holes in drywall, but my one son kept giggling with every "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" This made me realize that for every disappointed "Huker Fan" there is a happy "Texas Fan."

This is just a game and on to the next one!!!

GO SKERS!!!!!

• Fire 2

I spent Saturday in Cancun with my wife, 2 kids and some great friends. I wasn't happy that my better half booked the trip the weekend of the Texas game, but I figured someway, somehow I would get to see the game. Well it didn't exactly work out that way. The NU/UT game was not available at the resort we were at. While I was enjoying Dos X's but the dozen, I was able to get updates from back home throughout the game. Win or lose, I would not have traded the trip for anything. My kids had a smile on their faces from the time we left home until the time we got back. Believe it or not, it was a great lesson that there are more important things in life then Husker football.

Phew............triplets! I have twins and I'm exhausted, can't imagine having triplets. However, I watched the game with my boys as well and it was a great experience. They were pretty good and just hung out with me for the first half, had to go to work for the second half. My boys are 15 months old by the way.

i yelled a lot, and it scared my dogs. they were confused, as i almost exclusively yell at them. i feel bad for that.

Been there done that. I yell at the TV during games to the point that my dog curls up on the couch and shivers or bolts to the bedroom and hides in the blankets. After noticing that my dog is scare s***less of his master so I calm down and get him to love me again :lol:

Yep. There are a lot more important things in life than football. I have some family stuff going on right now, serious stuff that will not end well, and Saturday was a big day to take care of family in my own, small way. At the end of the game I was disappointed that we'd lost, but what I was able to do for a person who matters more to me than wins/losses made it an OK day.

i yelled a lot, and it scared my dogs. they were confused, as i almost exclusively yell at them. i feel bad for that.

Been there done that. I yell at the TV during games to the point that my dog curls up on the couch and shivers or bolts to the bedroom and hides in the blankets. After noticing that my dog is scare s***less of his master so I calm down and get him to love me again :lol:

yeah, when i noticed the timid/confused looks in their faces, i had to get them each a rawhide and just calm down.