Why can we throw the bones, but Texas can't?

GMoose

When Texas had that big TFL and the D end through bones...it drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I thought this was a terrible call, and am wondering why our players can throw the bones but our opponent can't. Obviously he was doing it mockingly at us, but that hardly merits a penalty in my opinion.

Thoughts?

When Texas had that big TFL and the D end through bones...it drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I thought this was a terrible call, and am wondering why our players can throw the bones but our opponent can't. Obviously he was doing it mockingly at us, but that hardly merits a penalty in my opinion.

Thoughts?

No matter how you look at it, he was probably pushing the boundaries. I don't necessarily know if it deserved a penalty, but the bolded part of your quote is what makes it MORE deserving of a penalty than when we do it.

Thoughts?

No matter how you look at it, he was probably pushing the boundaries. I don't necessarily know if it deserved a penalty, but the bolded part of your quote is what makes it MORE deserving of a penalty than when we do it.

It also kind of depends on what was coming out of his mouth at the time too.

I dont see how you think thats not a penalty. They get away with a lot of stuff that I think should be penalized. What that guy did was clearly a penalty.

Yes clearly. It's not that tough to figure out. If Hagg and done the hookem whores hand sign after his put return he would have gotten a flag too. The penalty is for "Taunting". That is taunting and nothing else.

What do you think if one of the Blackshirts woula pulled a Sam Hurd hook'em? Nothing wrong with the international sign for love right? ;)

Btw, Sam Hurd is an idiot. How can you do that to your home crowd? Might warrant a release for Jones for sheer stupidity.

Wasn't he looking down at the receiver when he did it, so they probably thought of it as taunting.

He actually was looking up at the stands when he did it.

Is that the one right after some missed call? In the 4th? We noticed it at the game also, and thought it was more for the last play where they missed a late hit or something, the opportunity was there he didn't have to throw it, but tried to make it right.

Wasn't he looking down at the receiver when he did it, so they probably thought of it as taunting.

He actually was looking up at the stands when he did it.

Is that the one right after some missed call? In the 4th? We noticed it at the game also, and thought it was more for the last play where they missed a late hit or something, the opportunity was there he didn't have to throw it, but tried to make it right.

I don't remember exactly but I think it was in the 4th quarter and they just made a huge stop behind the line. The guy stood up, walked away from the NU player and threw the bones. I didn't think it was over the top myself. He made a helluva play and was probably excited. I thought the penalty was questionable but since it went into our favor I didn't argue