For What Its Worth

Vince R.

I drove all the way back to Denver after the game to catch a flight to Germany. I happened to be in line with a certain NU coach heading out for a recruiting visit. I said, "tough loss"...he said yeah especially since we were better than them. We feel like we best ourselves with sloppy tackling and dropped passes.

"I said good luck rest of season." That was it. So take it FWIW

well im speaking on talent. taylor's issue isnt ability, its mechanics.. Taylor's running ability makes him a more talented player than gilbert. If rivals and scout could go back and re evaluate taylor, id say mid to high 4

Gilbert would still be 5.

I'm confused. You seem to have ability and talent flipped. Taylor has athletic ability, but we are talking about talent as a player, as a quarterback. Taylor is equipped to be very productive at times in this offense, but that is almost exclusively because of his athleticism. Taylor's issues being mechanics, and his understanding of the position, speaks to talent.

My father was speaking to his co worker who went to Dorsey Highschool which is in South LA. He was a track star and also football recruit for USC but decided to take the track schollie. One of his cousins went to nebraska, and he's knows alot about football and knows plenty of former great athletes all over california. he's met J. "the jet" rodgers before as well. He knows my father and I are huge nebraska fans and he watches every game he can. With his experience in playing football for a legitimate program, knowing athletes, speaking to them about their experiences and everything. He flat out told my dad that the reason Nebraska lost was that they went in thinking all they had to do was show up and they would win. He said, don't buy anything Bo or players say, they watch college football live all the time, they read all the message boards and beat writing sites. they hear it all. He said Nebraska knew they were the better team and that was the problem, and said, thats the coaches fault.

I totally agree with you. Players see EVERYTHING! Gaurantee many of them read these boards....I am honestly not liking the lack of support the team has been show from fans here and there. I believe we will bounce back this game. And as Amukamara said, "This game humbled us." *Not technically the direct quote, but stated something like that along the lines. Anyways.....gotta keep staying positive for our team and from my personal assessment...this is probably the most complete team I have seen since 2001. We have potential. GBR!!!!

well im speaking on talent. taylor's issue isnt ability, its mechanics.. Taylor's running ability makes him a more talented player than gilbert. If rivals and scout could go back and re evaluate taylor, id say mid to high 4

Then it would be just as easy to say that Gilbert's throwing ability and accuracy make him more talented than Taylor.

Sorry bro but NU's Oline =<(and probably just <)Texas' Oline. I think Saturday kind of proved that and remember Texas has played teams with a LOT better defenses than NU has.

And as much as I love the way he plays and the effort he gives, I would take Blake Gideon over Gomes. Gideon wasa all over the place Saturday disrupting plays and making play. He has done that ever since he was starting as a true freshman.

Then it would be just as easy to say that Gilbert's throwing ability and accuracy make him more talented than Taylor.

Sorry bro but NU's Oline =<(and probably just <)Texas' Oline. I think Saturday kind of proved that and remember Texas has played teams with a LOT better defenses than NU has.

And as much as I love the way he plays and the effort he gives, I would take Blake Gideon over Gomes. Gideon wasa all over the place Saturday disrupting plays and making play. He has done that ever since he was starting as a true freshman.

Hard to argue the QB talk

I for some reason cant sit here and say that their oline is better, im sorry, they loaded the box and we kept running, what did you expect

Gideon over Gomes? sorry cant do. Ask texas fans, they've had their fair share of frustration with him. Gomes all day

I'll tell you about a couple of their players I wish we had playing for us was the Ocho (sp) brothers. On the radio, I swear everytime a tackle was made one of their names was mentioned. In terms of Gilbert, wasn't he one of the most if not the most touted QB recruited a couple of years ago? In terms of athletes, yes Texas has us beat top to bottom. However, I do believe we play better as a team. The bottom line really comes down to one stat 3.8. We're averaging 3.8 fumbles per game. If this continues, Texas won't be our only loss. We spotted Texas 10 points. There aren't a lot of teams left on the schedule we can beat doing this.

I drove all the way back to Denver after the game to catch a flight to Germany. I happened to be in line with a certain NU coach heading out for a recruiting visit. I said, "tough loss"...he said yeah especially since we were better than them. We feel like we best ourselves with sloppy tackling and dropped passes.

"I said good luck rest of season." That was it. So take it FWIW

Who was this coach you're referring to? Spill the beans, I am I.

Oh and just imagine how hard this loss could be hitting the players if they feel the same way this coach does about us being better than Texas. Hope they actually can get over it, like the papers have been reporting all week.

Whoa Whoa? talent wise texas is way better? hmmm, id love to argue that, and this is about the starters. and im speaking about overall talent

Taylor Martinez>Gilbert

Our RBs>their rbs

Our top 3 wr's (minus the drops)> their wr's

Our O-Line>their Oline

Our Dline= or < their Dline

Lavonte>> over anyone they have

Prince> Aaron

Dennard>Brown

Gomes> Gideon

Hagg>over anyone else..

Trust me, Nebraska had more pro potential on both sides of the ball then texas did..as far as depth, maybe texas but id say after next years recruiting class, that shi& changes dramatically

Huh? All we know about Martinez so far is that he's a really great running back against average to below average opponents. Gilbert definitely gets the nod as an overall QB.

"Our WR (minus the drops)"? Is that a joke? You can't take them without the drops because that is part of their performance. That's like saying Martinez is a terrible runner (minus the speed) or Frank Solich was a great head coach (minus the recruiting).

I like our running backs but Texas' guy had almost twice the YPC that our two back had, which leads to...

Our O-line was completely outclassed by theirs. Same goes for D-line. Anyone that watched the game can confirm this.

Lavonte may be very good, but as a whole their LB corps is simply better than ours. The only place where I saw us holding a clear advantage was in the defensive backfield.

:bonesflag:

Whoa Whoa? talent wise texas is way better? hmmm, id love to argue that, and this is about the starters. and im speaking about overall talent

Taylor Martinez>Gilbert

Our RBs>their rbs

Our top 3 wr's (minus the drops)> their wr's

Our O-Line>their Oline

Our Dline= or < their Dline

Lavonte>> over anyone they have

Prince> Aaron

Dennard>Brown

Gomes> Gideon

Hagg>over anyone else..

Trust me, Nebraska had more pro potential on both sides of the ball then texas did..as far as depth, maybe texas but id say after next years recruiting class, that shi& changes dramatically

Huh? All we know about Martinez so far is that he's a really great running back against average to below average opponents. Gilbert definitely gets the nod as an overall QB.

"Our WR (minus the drops)"? Is that a joke? You can't take them without the drops because that is part of their performance. That's like saying Martinez is a terrible runner (minus the speed) or Frank Solich was a great head coach (minus the recruiting).

I like our running backs but Texas' guy had almost twice the YPC that our two back had, which leads to...

Our O-line was completely outclassed by theirs. Same goes for D-line. Anyone that watched the game can confirm this.

Lavonte may be very good, but as a whole their LB corps is simply better than ours. The only place where I saw us holding a clear advantage was in the defensive backfield.

:yeah

Thank you. I was hoping someone else would be on the same thought process that I was on especially when it comes to the OLine. The receiver issue can't be based on this game. Texas didn't have to throw the ball(even if they really couldn't) because of the success they were having on the ground. Mike Davis will be stud for them the next couple of years.

you know what cracks me up, because we lost, everyone all of the sudden feels like we got outclassed talent wise but im willing to say that i would have more people agreeing with me if those balls were caught and we win the game. our oline got outclassed because we continued to run the ball when the box was stacked. quite frankly most husker fans before the lost wouldve said no way to trading martinez for gilbert, wr's for theirs. and rbs for theirs and definitely the oline because of texas lack of running game. You know how i know nebraska is more talented? we played absolutely awful and put ourselves in the worst position and got screwed by the refs, and still only lost by 7.

Just to the OP - that is FAR from the reason we lost. In fact, this team only had a false sense of confidence, but nearly every single one of them played the game scared. All that was a direct result of us as fans hyping this game up so huge, the AD hyping the game, the media hyping the game, and the coaches putting so much pressure on them to not only win but win convincingly.

Not a one of those kids were loose and felt like they could just play. They all felt like they needed to do something huge to appease everyone else and feel like they were carrying their own weight.

Some of the biggest problems we have is when we are not playing well, Bo will go on his tirades and stay that way. Bo hasn't learned the art of when someone needs a good butt-chewing, and when someone needs some positive encouragement. Instead, it's just a rage on players and coaches both that puts insane pressure on them both.

It's like in the 4th quarter when Zac came in and a little momentum was going our way. The team had some difficulty getting the play in and had to burn a timeout. Instead of pumping the boys up to keep fighting to make that late rally, you see the veins in Bo's neck popping out as he is going off on Zac for calling that timeout.

Basically, the team folded under the pressure from everyone.