Oregon-UCLA

WYHusk

the ducks have made great reads and the QB and RB hide the ball very well, there have been a couple times where even the camera guy has been lost on who has the ball! This is a fun Offense to watch, as is NU when the are executing ;)

The cameraman has been lost and so have I. Very fun to watch. I'd like to think that, if we stuck to this O, this is where we could be with Tmart in there.

I hate oregon and their 200 different combinations of uniforms.

I lost any respect for that team watching them play Stanford. The players are talking trash when the other players are down, there was one play with three ducks piling on one guy for quite a while after the whistles were blown and you could see all their helmets bobbing and you know they are just talking smack. They are very cocky and rub me the wrong way. #3 in the list of teams I hate. #2 USC, #1 UT

They just look surgical out there. (Granted UCLA's D is not TX ... not that that hurt them in Austin.)

Put that O with a Bo-ferocious D and man ...

Is this where we could be in a couple years? Next year?

We looked similarly near-flawless running it against K-State. Not saying we're as good as Oregon, but don't let one game change perception that much. Let's wait until Oregon faces a defense with athletes like Texas'... although such a thing doesn't exist in the Pac-10. Remember last year's Oregon team (which was pretty damn explosive) averaged just 206 total yards and 13 points against it's two big non-Pac-10 opponents, Boise and Ohio State. We had 202 against Texas, even with 8 drops.

I hate oregon and their 200 different combinations of uniforms.

I lost any respect for that team watching them play Stanford. The players are talking trash when the other players are down, there was one play with three ducks piling on one guy for quite a while after the whistles were blown and you could see all their helmets bobbing and you know they are just talking smack. They are very cocky and rub me the wrong way. #3 in the list of teams I hate. #2 USC, #1 UT

I hope that they never ever win a national title,get their contract with nike cancelled,go down the the tube and never win another conference championship,go on probation and I want their overall win percentage to go down to .500. Here are some of there stats from their rich history. :sarcasm

First season 1893

Head coach Chip Kelly

2nd year, 163 (.842)

Home stadium Autzen Stadium

Field Rich Brooks Field

Stadium capacity 54,000

Stadium surface FieldTurf

Location Eugene, OR

Conference Pac-10

All-time record 55246747 (.540)

Postseason bowl record 9140

Conference titles 8 (1919, 1933, 1948, 1957, 1994, 2000, 2001, 2009)

Heisman winners None

Consensus All-Americans 2

Oregon's OLine executes better than ours. They are constantly looking to block on the second and third levels. Their first year starting QB is making great reads. And F#$k Oregon for winning the LeMichael James battle.

Look closer. Thomas is missing reads, and James is bailing him out (sometimes.. sometimes it's still a loss of yards). Thomas' throws also look a lot like Martinez's - they're almost never right in stride. But his receivers are coming down with absolutely everything.

They just look surgical out there. (Granted UCLA's D is not TX ... not that that hurt them in Austin.)

Put that O with a Bo-ferocious D and man ...

Is this where we could be in a couple years? Next year?

We looked similarly near-flawless running it against K-State. Not saying we're as good as Oregon, but don't let one game change perception that much. Let's wait until Oregon faces a defense with athletes like Texas'... although such a thing doesn't exist in the Pac-10. Remember last year's Oregon team (which was pretty damn explosive) averaged just 206 total yards and 13 points against it's two big non-Pac-10 opponents, Boise and Ohio State. We had 202 against Texas, even with 8 drops.

You make a very strong point brotha!!! I like your explanation. Everyone's talking about how Oregon is amazing at running the zone read..well they are...but wait until they play a very solid defense...then the more accurate assessment will arise.

Saw the Oregon-UCLA game. On one hand it was sad because this pathetic UCLA team beat Texas. On the other had, no way we are close to MNC...Oregon would crush us.

I like our defense and we do that better than Oregon but we are a poor man's Oregon on offense...and I don't really think the issue is TMart. The Oregon QB is not a stellar passer or faster than TMart. He just has ALL DAY to throw behind his O-Line and has WR's that are quite good (two luxuries TMart does not have). And then he has a Heisman weapon out of the backfield. And they are conditioned, up tempo, and NOT sloppy. Oregon can put a number of QB's in their system and they will do quite well.

No doubt an Oregon offense with an NU defense would be a title contender every year. It is an extreme no brainer to bring Scott Frost back to NU. Oregon is giving us a picture of what we need to do on offense and then just tweak to our personnel. I like our O-Line recruiting. I like TMart and Jamal Turner running this style offense. Aaron Green, come on down. WR's...we need to grab some playmakers in a major way. Also, how about using the TE again!