Oregon Offense

hskerprid

Explain to me...why in the hell did we stomp a mudhole K States ass with this new offensive scheme(zone read)....and all of sudden on this thread...the whole theme is based upon NEB not having skill players to run the new offense...Honestly...it looks effective to me. Nebraska just had poor effort on both sides of the ball last Saturday...and Will Muschamp is a great defensive coach...and Texas has great players. They came in wanting the win more than us it seems...amen.

Because KSU is undisciplined, lacks talent, and has zero speed at the LB position to stop a team with a true running threat at QB?

That QB draw on 3rd and 10 (a give up play essentially) that Taylor took to the house 80 yards, without being touched, pretty much summed up how overmatched they were in trying to stop a mobile QB.

Even Taylor's last TD would make most d-coordinators lose their mind. The over-pursuit against a zone read team is a no-no, but also the lack of effort was almost laughable by them.

I am not going to disagree with you. As we both know though..Texas has a stout defense...an effective one. I think Nebraska was definitely tested...and then they needed to put the ball up to win the game...but plenty of drop balls costs us the game. I believe NEB offense is very effective....just not numero uno effective against top defenses....at least our wide receivers were open. Could of been a whole different ball game if Burkhead catches that TD pass....

A quick offense assessment:

Nebraska has an effective, explosive offense. But it lacks either 1.) mental toughness when it comes to playing games at home 2.) lacks high intensity game speed to hang with top tier defenses. 3.) Or it could lack both of those factors....a deficite of one of those factors could be very costly to them....we'll find out tomorrow. I honestly think it is one or the other..not both factors. We'll find out tomorrow. GBR!!!

Explain to me...why in the hell did we stomp a mudhole K States ass with this new offensive scheme(zone read)....and all of sudden on this thread...the whole theme is based upon NEB not having skill players to run the new offense...Honestly...it looks effective to me. Nebraska just had poor effort on both sides of the ball last Saturday...and Will Muschamp is a great defensive coach...and Texas has great players. They came in wanting the win more than us it seems...amen.

Because KSU is undisciplined, lacks talent, and has zero speed at the LB position to stop a team with a true running threat at QB?

That QB draw on 3rd and 10 (a give up play essentially) that Taylor took to the house 80 yards, without being touched, pretty much summed up how overmatched they were in trying to stop a mobile QB.

Even Taylor's last TD would make most d-coordinators lose their mind. The over-pursuit against a zone read team is a no-no, but also the lack of effort was almost laughable by them.

I am not going to disagree with you. As we both know though..Texas has a stout defense...an effective one. I think Nebraska was definitely tested...and then they needed to put the ball up to win the game...but plenty of drop balls costs us the game. I believe NEB offense is very effective....just not numero uno effective against top defenses....at least our wide receivers were open. Could of been a whole different ball game if Burkhead catches that TD pass....

Nebraska has an effective, explosive offense. But it lacks either 1.) mental toughness when it comes to playing games at home 2.) lacks high intensity game speed to hang with top tier defenses. 3.) Or it could lack both of those factors....a deficite of one of those factors could be very costly to them....we'll find out tomorrow. I honestly think it is one or the other..not both factors. We'll find out tomorrow. GBR!!!

:yeah

It's not scheme, it's not ability, it's not personnel. They lost focus, they choked, and they dropped the ball. That's why we lost the game.

:yeah

It's not scheme, it's not ability, it's not personnel. They lost focus, they choked, and they dropped the ball. That's why we lost the game.

I do concur sir....like someone said on this board already....."We shoot ourselves in the foot. The team that will beat Nebraska this year is Nebraska." Texas did have a dominate D though....but other than that....we just played poorly...very poorly.

• 6 months later...

@ hskerprid,

South Carolina's DC agrees with you.

South Carolina defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson believes that hurry-up offenses are ruining college football. Johnson made some terrific points during a radio interview with Bo Mattingly.

Continue Reading

He sounds like a crybaby. football is about strategy and why should the offense slow down because the defense is having trouble? that's why they play an up tempo offense to keep the defense on it's feet. I think he is still reeling from getting his ass kicked in the sec championship game.

It’s become who has the best signal system or verbiage system.

Isn't this one thing Beck has really simplified this year? I think we're bringing the hurry up to Lincoln boys 'n' girls. There's really no good reasons as to why it should be illegal. At least I haven't heard one. I know one of Osborne's goals was to run as many plays as possible in a game. I don't see what's so bad about it. It's part of the game.

@ hskerprid,

South Carolina's DC agrees with you.

South Carolina defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson believes that hurry-up offenses are ruining college football. Johnson made some terrific points during a radio interview with Bo Mattingly.

Continue Reading

He sounds like a crybaby. football is about strategy and why should the offense slow down because the defense is having trouble? that's why they play an up tempo offense to keep the defense on it's feet. I think he is still reeling from getting his ass kicked in the sec championship game.

He is a crybaby. Auburn put up 60+ on him in the SEC championship last year, and Clemson's going to a version of this offense this year. He's going ahead and giving himself an excuse.