Nebraska hasn't beaten a team inside the top 20 since...

tschu

Don’t we already have a thread on this? LINK

In the other thread I said this streak is arbitrary BS. Since when do we talk about the Top 19 in college football? Everyone in the civilized world talks about the Top 20, don’t they? Besides even if we beat #16 Okie Lite this Saturday, then some dick will ask when our streak of not beating a Top 15 team will end.

Dont we already have a thread on this? LINK

In the other thread I said this streak is arbitrary BS. Since when do we talk about the Top 19 in college football? Everyone in the civilized world talks about the Top 20, dont they? Besides even if we beat #16 Okie Lite this Saturday, then some dick will ask when our streak of not beating a Top 15 team will end.

Yes there was a thread. Yes I am with you nuance it is a crap streak. And yes, even after a win tomorrow, it'll be haven't beaten a Top 15 team.

However if you really wanna refresher on the streak, it's been since Boomer in '01 at home and Washington in '97 on the road. And if you really want a kick in the nuts the only team in college football from a BCS conference that can match that stat is Duke.

In the other thread I said this streak is arbitrary BS. Since when do we talk about the Top 19 in college football? Everyone in the civilized world talks about the Top 20, don’t they? Besides even if we beat #16 Okie Lite this Saturday, then some dick will ask when our streak of not beating a Top 15 team will end.

Yes there was a thread. Yes I am with you nuance it is a crap streak. And yes, even after a win tomorrow, it'll be haven't beaten a Top 15 team.

However if you really wanna refresher on the streak, it's been since Boomer in '01 at home and Washington in '97 on the road. And if you really want a kick in the nuts the only team in college football from a BCS conference that can match that stat is Duke.

O well is sounds a little better than not beating a top 20 team I guess.

Ouch!!

I'll root for the Huskers, of course, but I'll believe it when I see it. Way too many stupid losses where we just drop the ball (pun not intended) when we should be winning.

I hate to be a downer, but I've been down this "we're going to win FOR SURE" path way too many times.

Should be "we're good enough to win FOR SURE" b/c that's a fact vs any team we face. And I'm almost tempted to say "we should win FOR SURE."

Yep. I would definitely agree with that. There isn't a team we lost to in the last two years that we couldn't have beaten. Probably should have beaten. That's why everyone feels so bad.

Wow Lou holtz just picked oklahoma state to beat us. :LOLtartar

Good. Now that all the national pundits are jumping off the bandwagon, maybe our players can focus a little more and they won't think they can just show up to games and not play hard because they are ranked in the top 5. However, Robert Smith is still on the Nebraska bandwagon. He predicited a NU blowout. I like Robert's analysis better than Lou anyway.

Of course the "top 20" number is arbitrary. But point is, only Duke has a streak that matches ours in this category. And that is pretty awful. As much as we've been saying Nebraska is back, the team hasn't done anything to prove so in TEN YEARS. I'm not saying we will lose Saturday because of it, I am just pointing out that we have a really good opportunity to break the streak, and at the same time we should not take a game like this lightly.

Man oh man I make these comments prior to the Texas loss and I am the head Debbie Downer in Husker land.

Reality these losses hurt a lot worse than the ones prior. Because we have bought into the thought that we are back, but every time the real deal is on the line we spit the bit.

I hope we win tomorrow, but I would not bet a red cent on it.

I love this team and the kids, but I think something is missing, lion hearted leadership on the field is needed it seems to me.

Let us hope and pray that history does not repeat itself again. We need to get one monkey off our back so we can get that top 15 500 pound gorilla off our back.

Being compared to Duke in basketball is a good thing, football not so much.

So civilized people only deal in multiples of five?

kue82ltod55qq5.jpg

Regardless of how you chop it up, Nebraska has been abysmal against highly ranked opponents in the last decade. Whether you wanna say they're 2-22 against top 20 opponents (beat Michigan and OU) or 0-22 against top 19 opponents or 0-18 against top 15 opponents... it's all very very bad.

FWIW, Okie St. is #14 in the BCS, which most media sources consider to be the official college football rankings from this point on. So we end the uncivilized and civilized streaks with a win today. chuckleshuffle We will still have a 13-game losing streak against the top 10, although that's not nearly as disturbing (damn Callahan should've beaten Auburn though :madash ).