Looking Forward to Missouri

epocSoN

gawd living in KC, this week will be a challenge if MU wins...anyway, we better hope that MU team gets full of themselves this week cause I think the way we play at home coupled with that MU O line , they are gonna make our d line their bit$#. could be a real long night in Lincoln.
gawd living in KC, this week will be a challenge if MU wins...anyway, we better hope that MU team gets full of themselves this week cause I think the way we play at home coupled with that MU O line , they are gonna make our d line their bit$#. could be a real long night in Lincoln.

Or afternoon

Mizzou is very undisciplined defensively. They have athletes but are very poorly coached. It will be tough, but we can win that game. I don't know if MU is that good up front or if OU was just that bad in the 2nd half. It was quite clear who wanted this game more. If Landry Jones wouldn't have thrown that INT in the 2nd half, I am not too sure they don't win that game.

I think it will be similar to OK St. with the exception of Misery having a better defense than OK St. We must get pressure on Gabbert. We have great cover guys, but if Gabbert has time to throw, he will eventually find someone and has the ability to thread the needle. He is only prone to mistakes when pressed–making them play from behind would help that. Misery will be the best team we have played thus far. It could be a great game, my fear is that it won't. I live in Misery–nice people (at least the ones I know) but boy oh boy I can't stand their teams in pretty much any sport. I can't really say much about Pary Ginkel either.

We absolutely cannot have any turnovers next week. Should that happen, it will be ugly. I was impressed with Misery tonight. They didn't play riding an adrenaline rush–they were focused and they expected to win. I think we need to count on them being ready next week–they took a pretty confident step tonight.

OK, I am now a little worried about this one.

They beat Oklahoma, the #1 team in the BCS. And our defense got exposed in a big way that I never would have expected. Not sure what it was really. Ultra-talented receivers? With the game last year having been in the rain, we can't discount the possibility that we haven't faced Gabbert playing at full speed. And the confidence of throwing our D out against anyone has taken a bit of a hit.

Also, I am guessing Missouri's defense is quite a bit better than OK State's.

But this would be a huge win, if we get it. I hope we do.

Here's my sunny optimism for the week.

It doesn't matter how good your secondary is. You could clone two Eric Berrys at safety to match up with Prince and Dennard and it wouldn't matter. When your D-line cannot get an ounce of pressure and is literally being demolished by the big run against teams that can even present the idea of balance, you're looking at a long day at the office.

Okie Lite's defense was crap all season. We do great against crap defenses, especially when we don't put the ball on the turf five times and drop three touchdown passes. We won't be scoring no fifty points against Missouri. If our defense doesn't take a massive step forward in tackling and gap responsibility in the next week, I see Missouri cruising to a sad and easy W.

The Tigers have finally begun to do what they need to do to establish their program as something relevant––play defense. They might not be Alabama, and I think a team like Oregon would leave scorch marks on them, but they're definitely headed in the right direction. Add to that the disturbing trend we've had with home games, I'm leaving the koolaid in the fridge.