Nebraska Opens as 6 Point Favorite

this year im not sure if any of them know what to think.

I doubt either team or fan base will realistically come into this game thinking it's a sure win. Realistically, both teams could win, and I wouldn't be surprised at a shootout, a defensive struggle, something in between, or either team blowing the other out.

Agree. Usually I'd feel much more confident getting Mizz at home, but now not so much. Having said that, I still don't think we lose another game this year. I think we'll get ahead early and hang on for 3-7pt win.

Mizzou fans everywhere probably read that and literally crapped a brick.

actually i think we are used to it. Just like how 3/4's of the national media said OU would go for "style points" or that MU would have to "show them" then right after the game started talking about how OU just wasnt that good and MU is just a good team who would get stomped by the elites.

i do not think OU is that good, but i think they are up there with the elite. the field is just weak. i do respect MU and think NU and MU are at the same level. the national media is fickle and only really care about 2 or 3 teams outside of the SEC, michigan, and notre dame.

oh i know. I sometimes laugh when people here think ESPN and others are out to get you. hell, atleast they are talking about you. LOL. MU couldnt get any love in 07, people woundnt shut up about us in 08, we were going to be awful in 09 and this year im not sure if any of them know what to think. :)

yeah, i would not say espn is out to get anyone, they are just lazy. but winning helps, winning cures all.

here is a question, would you say gabbert has the potential to be better than daniels? he seems to be an incredible passer, and not bad on the run.

tough to say, they do things way different and we run a different play set even though its the same system. Daniel put up numbers that I dont think Blaine will ever touch, but Blaine does so many things well. His release, arm strength and touch are all awesome. I am convinced he can make throws that Chase never could. But Chase was just a winner. Sometimes he let his emotions get the best of him, but he had that Brad Smith factor in him. He could just go off and you knew he would carry you. Blaine is so cool and calm its hard to get a read. But when he is on....man can he wing it.

.....i dont even know if i can give you a straight forward yes or no....Both are pretty special.

actually i think we are used to it. Just like how 3/4's of the national media said OU would go for "style points" or that MU would have to "show them" then right after the game started talking about how OU just wasnt that good and MU is just a good team who would get stomped by the elites.

i do not think OU is that good, but i think they are up there with the elite. the field is just weak. i do respect MU and think NU and MU are at the same level. the national media is fickle and only really care about 2 or 3 teams outside of the SEC, michigan, and notre dame.

oh i know. I sometimes laugh when people here think ESPN and others are out to get you. hell, atleast they are talking about you. LOL. MU couldnt get any love in 07, people woundnt shut up about us in 08, we were going to be awful in 09 and this year im not sure if any of them know what to think. :)

yeah, i would not say espn is out to get anyone, they are just lazy. but winning helps, winning cures all.

here is a question, would you say gabbert has the potential to be better than daniels? he seems to be an incredible passer, and not bad on the run.

tough to say, they do things way different and we run a different play set even though its the same system. Daniel put up numbers that I dont think Blaine will ever touch, but Blaine does so many things well. His release, arm strength and touch are all awesome. I am convinced he can make throws that Chase never could. But Chase was just a winner. Sometimes he let his emotions get the best of him, but he had that Brad Smith factor in him. He could just go off and you knew he would carry you. Blaine is so cool and calm its hard to get a read. But when he is on....man can he wing it.

.....i dont even know if i can give you a straight forward yes or no....Both are pretty special.

yeah, chase had the 'it' factor, but i think gabbert is more talented and a better pocket passer. it is always fun to have a player like chase on your team, a straight baller, overachiever who gets the job done or will alone, but i got to believe it is better to have gabbert. more consistency and greater potential. it might just be a matter of taste.

If you guys leave the conference AND let Mizzou win it at the same time, I am not sure I will be capable of forgiveness...

Go away, jayhawk. This is a FOOTBALL board and last time I checked, you don't have a football program. :)

Lol, poor Jayhawk... getting no love. Stick around buddy, you're welcome here... I just think it's the wrong time of the year for you to be frequenting this particular board. Football/Volleyball season: Our time to shine. Definitely not going so well for KU.

Still, I'd rather have you here now than in basketball season... cuz I know you'll be able to talk some smack then :(

I'm not really sure that there are any great teams this year, besides maybe Oregon. There is so much parity in college football, what this year has shown us is that any team can be great one week, and lay an egg the next.

That being said, I hope that Mizzou's first egg happens Saturday, but I am feeling like I did before the tu game, not particularly confident in Nebraska winning.

Hope I'm wrong.

If you guys leave the conference AND let Mizzou win it at the same time, I am not sure I will be capable of forgiveness...

Go away, jayhawk. This is a FOOTBALL board and last time I checked, you don't have a football program. :)

Lol, poor Jayhawk... getting no love. Stick around buddy, you're welcome here... I just think it's the wrong time of the year for you to be frequenting this particular board. Football/Volleyball season: Our time to shine. Definitely not going so well for KU.

Still, I'd rather have you here now than in basketball season... cuz I know you'll be able to talk some smack then :(

Sadly for me, I stick to football. I started watching the Huskers cause KU was rarely on in football and we were not too busy most postseasons...

Your troll like statistics allow me to ignore your fairly accurate and well deserved taunts....