Maud's Stillwater Experience

I went to Stillwater yesterday for the game and it was a pretty interesting day, to say the least. I get there with a buddy of mine and we're scoping out scalpers...I end up getting two tickets (1 in the student section and another about 9 rows up from the 30) I give my buddy the ticket on the 30 and decide to go to the student section....only 1 problem, I go to get it validated and it costs 100 dollars to get it upgraded. At this point I am like "What the f'ing f#*k??!!!" So I am immediately now trying to sell this ticket because I don't want to shell out the extra hundred sheckles. I end up running into about 6 verrrrry good looking Nebraska girls all selling student tickets too. Turns out these girls are in the same position as me, trying to sell them because OSU fails as a university. I end up buying another ticket for 50 bucks from another husker fan and it's actually in the Nebraska section. After I buy the ticket, I am trying to sell the student ticket and I couldn't even give the damn thing away. It ended up being well worth it though...the section I sat in was great. Not sure how it sounded on TV, but there were A LOT of husker fans there and we got the place pretty loud. One thing I found just hilarious was how the OSU faithful fled the stadium after we went up by 17 in the fourth. The place was pretty bare.

After the game, I am walking to the car and notice what appears to be the visiting team buses. I go to investigate and notice the doors, where I suspected the players would be coming out. I was right. I ended up getting to meet pretty much the whole team (Martinez slipped out the back way....damn him). I got my hat signed by a ton of players: Niles Paul, Rex Burkhead, Prince, Fonzie, Gomes, Helu, Hagg, Thenarse (I was going to hug him, but didn't know if he would be able to get his arms around me <_<) Crick, Pierre Allen, Eric Martin (Who is a pretty funny guy. I really enjoyed talking to him), Cody Green, Will Compton, Josh Williams, Adi Kunalic, Alex Henery, Mike McNeil, Tim Marlowe, Lavonte David, Shawn Watswon, Joey Ganz and a handful of others.

Meeting the team was a pretty surreal experience.

Random thoughts from the game:

Blackmon owned Prince

We need to work on wrapping up, namely Ricky Thenarse

Offense looked great

Good to see Niles have a good game

Thank you random guy that let me borrow a sharpie

I really don't think Blackmon "owned" Prince. Prince was in position on every play, he just didn't have the height to compete with Blackmon. Pushoffs helped too. Second half Blackmon was a nonentity.

Hmmm...that's funny because both are listed at 6-1, 205 lbs.

I really don't think Blackmon "owned" Prince. Prince was in position on every play, he just didn't have the height to compete with Blackmon. Pushoffs helped too. Second half Blackmon was a nonentity.

Huh, you're right. I'll be interested to see if those heights hold up at the combine, because Blackmon certainly looked like the bigger guy.

I don't think osu is the only place that does this. They basically consider it a normal ticket if student not using it so they put regular price for that game on it and im pretty sure $100 was price for regular ticket to this game. If I remember right, the highest price for any away game this year.

If you have two eyes and a somewhat functioning brain, then you could come to the conclusion that blackmon was much bigger. Dude is built like an ox. My high school basketball team from arizona played prince's team, and I have a hard time believing he is 6-1.

We are pretty miffed at the ticket situation here as well. I think Holder (our AD) has taken the position that he would rather make more money with the stadium at 80% capacity than have a soldout house with more accessible ticket prices. I read somewhere earlier that OSU/OU is the most expensive single game ticket in the nation. Good grief.

And yes, you guys were loud. My dad lives fairly close to the high school and took his dog for a walk through there Saturday morning. He said it was an invasion, but enjoyed chatting with a few fans. Do you always rent out the local highschool to park and have a pep rally? Regarding the empty stands in the 4th quarter, I seem to remember seeing lots o' empty seats in the 4th quarter the last time I visited Lincoln. ;) But I was surprised at how early they did take off. While I didn't expect a comeback at that point, you just never know. And as much as the tickets cost, I'm damn sure going to soak in all the misery I can...I paid for it! Heh.

We are pretty miffed at the ticket situation here as well. I think Holder (our AD) has taken the position that he would rather make more money with the stadium at 80% capacity than have a soldout house with more accessible ticket prices. I read somewhere earlier that OSU/OU is the most expensive single game ticket in the nation. Good grief.

And yes, you guys were loud. My dad lives fairly close to the high school and took his dog for a walk through there Saturday morning. He said it was an invasion, but enjoyed chatting with a few fans. Do you always rent out the local highschool to park and have a pep rally? Regarding the empty stands in the 4th quarter, I seem to remember seeing lots o' empty seats in the 4th quarter the last time I visited Lincoln. ;) But I was surprised at how early they did take off. While I didn't expect a comeback at that point, you just never know. And as much as the tickets cost, I'm damn sure going to soak in all the misery I can...I paid for it! Heh.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! :bs: Just messing with ya, thanks for bringing that game back up though, looks like I'll have go back to the psych doctor and get that memory shocked from my brain again. THANKS ALOT! :lol:

sounds awesome maud. If I were a NE fan i would be freaking jelous.

deep down you know you are. ;) Anyway, after this last year of conference realignment, i was proud of missouri for being tough enough to stand up against texas, It just didn't go as well for them. So let me just say i will be less mad if you guys go to the title game this year, (just as long as its not those purple kitties, hate those guys Granted i would rather have nebraska be in it but it wouldn't kill me if it was you guys, just make sure you win.