Are we facing the worst of the unbeatens?

JTrain

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And Stanford is the only team that Oregon has faced with a legitimate Offense. Everyone else brought a knife to a cruise missile fight. Matt Barkley is tossing Patriots over the last few weeks. He threw 5 Touchdown passes last week. all in the first half. And not like Stanford's "all of which in the first half". Dude sat the bench because you don't precision bomb places like Ethiopia.

PS- Whoever wins the SEC West is the best team in the country.

And Stanford is the only team that Oregon has faced with a legitimate Offense. Everyone else brought a knife to a cruise missile fight. Matt Barkley is tossing Patriots over the last few weeks. He threw 5 Touchdown passes last week. all in the first half. And not like Stanford's "all of which in the first half". Dude sat the bench because you don't precision bomb places like Ethiopia.

I wouldn't automatically crown the SEC West winner the best team in the country. Somebody will win it by default, and they'll be good, but best? Hard to say. They'll certainly have a legitimate argument.

As for USC, it's hard to say. They've played a pretty good schedule, but that loss to Washington kills their respectability.

although i believe you are unnecessarily aggressive, time will tell between usc and oregon.

also, auburn still does not impress me. they seem to live on the edge while newton pulls them back to solid ground.

also, auburn still does not impress me. they seem to live on the edge while newton pulls them back to solid ground.

As much as we're griping about our defense, Auburn's has given up almost a touchdown more points per game. Without Cam Newton (your 2010 Heisman Trophy winner?) they're not 8-0. Clemson, Kentucky, Arkansas and LSU were Cam Newton bail-outs.

And I think Mizzou could handle Boise State.

I would love to watch that game. I think Boise pulls it out, because I think they're as good, if not better than, any team in the nation. But it's so hard to say with Boise because their schedule is so horrific, and continues to plummet weekly.

Even in our "worst" SOS season in recent memory this year, we're still playing a tougher schedule than Boise St. That's what kills them - they have such a weak argument when it comes to "who have you beaten to earn the MNC" that we'll likely never see them in the MNC game unless everyone else has two losses.

I just can't give Boise a pass on their schedule. I've seen them play and they are a proficient, well coached team. Kellen Moore is better than solid, he is a flat out good quarterback. And they have some other athletes, too. But they played Lousiana Tech last night. In a conference game. I will never be able to get past that fact. (That and the fact that VT lost to one of our founding fathers. I mean, that's one guy. Who has been dead for over 150 years. Plus Oregon State is like...Illinois? Some middling team like that.) So I have no idea how good Boise really is, and they aren't going to play anybody that will help clarify that in my mind. That, coupled with the fact that nobody knows you as intricately as your conference foes and Boise State and TCU and Utah's conference foes are laughably weak, leaves me no choice but to delicately suggest to Boise and Ute/Frog supporters that they can go fly kites. Especially Bronco fans.

(Best to Worst)

1.)Oregon

2.)Auburn

3.)Michigan State

4.)Mizzou

5.)TCU

6.)Utah

7.)Boise State

Ranking Boise 7th on that list is insane.

Yeah, I know. It's punishment for something they can't control, namely, V Tech turned out to be an average team this year. They could beat all six of those teams ahead of them on my list. But you can't just waltz through a ridiculously weak conference schedule and feel like you're as entitled to play for a championship as teams that have actually had to play competetive games for the last 2 months of the season.

Is Boise State a more talented football team than some of those teams though, knapplc? Ummmm....yeah. Probably. Screw 'em though. I'm leaving them at seventh.

I think that Nebraska has a much better chance to beat Mizzou than Texas because they don't have as much hype on this game like the Texas game, I mean yah I know this is a very important game but the Texas game was hyped for almost a year. That is a hell of a build up. I hope they concentrate and execute. I think we will do just fine( Little worried about it being a home game though) GO BIG RED

Michigan State is the worst by far. They were outplayed and beat by Northwestern and it took a trick play/fake punt to win that game.

It took a fake FG with time expired/should've been a penalty and the QB's knee on the ground to beat ND in 2OT. News flash: ND is a bad bad team.

The pundits on ESPN all have MSU as a dark horse/top 7 team????? Are you serious?

Michigan State is the worst by far. They were outplayed and beat by Northwestern and it took a trick play/fake punt to win that game.

It took a fake FG with time expired/should've been a penalty and the QB's knee on the ground to beat ND in 2OT. News flash: ND is a bad bad team.

The pundits on ESPN all have MSU as a dark horse/top 7 team????? Are you serious?

I watched that Northwestern game and it was a close game to the end. I do not believe that MSU is that good either.

although i believe you are unnecessarily aggressive, time will tell between usc and oregon.

Not real sure what this is about. Hyperbole isn't used as a means of aggression, but to convey a strong impression.

No harm, no foul? :cheers

of for sure. i was being sarcastic. :cheers

i think the point is that it is impossible to tell the best team, especially this year. and i do like what you had to say about the sec west. that is probably true and they earned their accolades.

That statement discredits anything else you said in that post... I heard a few people call into radio shows complaining of this and I think it was Mike and Mike that even banned a guy for saying that. You obviously don't know the game of football if you think a holder should be "down" because his knee was on the ground, that's elementary stuff.

Sorry, not trying to attack you personally, but I absolutely cannot believe the number of people that still think he should have been "down" because of his knee.

Boise State is probably just as good as any team in the Top 10 and my guess is that they would be favored in most of those games. I think BSU would beat Missouri, Utah, and TCU for starters.

My wishful thinking throughout the entire conference expansion ordeal was that (by some miraculous miracle) BSU would end up in the B12 or the P10, so that they could play an at least somewhat respectable conference schedule each year.