Are we facing the worst of the unbeatens?

JTrain

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's Utah, absolutely no question about it. How can you say Mizzou when they have beaten a #1? I don't care if you think OU deserved to be that high, fact is they were. Utah has beaten who? A very highly over-rated Pitt coming into the year? Iowa State? (just cause they beat Texas doesn't make them good) Wyoming?

Edit: I misread, you talked about MSU not Mizzou... I still take issue with that, though. MSU has beaten Wisconsin and Michigan, both of which are far and away better than any team Utah has played.

It's Utah, absolutely no question about it. How can you say Mizzou when they have beaten a #1? I don't care if you think OU deserved to be that high, fact is they were. Utah has beaten who? A very highly over-rated Pitt coming into the year? Iowa State? (just cause they beat Texas doesn't make them good) Wyoming?

i agree. mizzou is solid, i still think we are better. texas is a solid team, they have a lot of talent at least. and we lost that game. it seems like everyone is over-rated this year. it is hard to judge. it is hard to take msu seriously because they have been so bad historically, but they have performed when they had to. i would still say it is michigan state. we will see how they do this week against iowa, it might be utah though. who knows. anyone can beat anyone, and it has never been truer.

I would rank them (from best to worst):

Oregon

Boise St

Auburn

Missouri

TCU

Michigan State

Utah

So no, we're not even close to playing the "worst of the unbeatens." Missouri is solid in the run game, prolific in the passing game, and has a shut-down defense. They play decent-to-good special teams and they have beaten Oklahoma, who is probably as tough as Nebraska in their own ways, and tougher in others.

Oregon

Boise St

Auburn

Missouri

TCU

Michigan State

Utah

So no, we're not even close to playing the "worst of the unbeatens." Missouri is solid in the run game, prolific in the passing game, and has a shut-down defense. They play decent-to-good special teams and they have beaten Oklahoma, who is probably as tough as Nebraska in their own ways, and tougher in others.

Oregon is hardly the best undefeated team in the country. All its gonna take is for them to score fewer that 35 points and they'll lose. In fack, I may make USC over Oregon my lock of the week this week.

I didn't vote, but I think the better question is which ones have the best chance to be undefeated come season's end. Boise State and TCU I'd say will very likely finish undefeated. Auburn loses to Bama. Michigan State's luck will run out. Eventually, a fake field goal or fake punt will not win them a game. Even if Mizzou beats us and takes care of business, I don't think they can beat the Sooners again. Utah loses because they play TCU. While this might be Oregon's year, I still believe they lose. Maybe Monte Kiffin can dial something up this weekend to slow their high powered offense.

Oregon

Boise St

Auburn

Missouri

TCU

Michigan State

Utah

Oregon is hardly the best undefeated team in the country. All its gonna take is for them to score fewer that 35 points and they'll lose. In fack, I may make USC over Oregon my lock of the week this week.

Oregon's SOS is 59th, or just about middle of the pack right now, and they're not only the #1 scoring offense in the country (by 7 points per game over #2, which is a huge margin this time of the year), they're also ranked 12th in scoring defense (16 pts/game).

You say "All its gonna take is for them to score fewer that 35 points and they'll lose" as if holding them to 35 is an easy thing to do. First, that's not all it takes to beat them, you'd have to hold them to under 17, and second, you're going to have to score more than 17 on them.

Oregon has held four opponents to 13 or fewer points, and pitched two shutouts so far. Both shutouts were against weaker-than-weak opponents, but neither Boise, Auburn nor Missouri have more shutouts, and only Auburn and Missouri have played tougher schedules.

You are welcome to take USC over Oregon, but I do not think you are going to enjoy the results. The only chance USC has of beating Oregon is the proverbial "any given Saturday" chance. Oregon is a better team.

i do not know how anyone could think oregon is not far and away the best team. stanford gave them a run in the first half, but ou made the proper adjustments and scored 28 unanswered points in the second half. they still held standford under 35 points, stanford scored only 31 points, all of which in the first half.

1. Auburn

2. Oregon

3. Mizzou

4. Boise State

5. Michigan State

6. TCU

7. Utah

I’m not that impressed with Oregon either. I think USC ends their unbeaten streak this week. And I think Mizzou could handle Boise State. I also think NU could beat, or lose to, any one of these teams on any given Saturday. Well, maybe not Utah. And Mizzou won't beat us this Saturday