What will this game mean 10 years from now?

If Nebraska wins tomorrow I believe this game becomes somewhat forgettable. Nebraska will have bragging rights over MU, which they have always had anyway. Nebraska almost certainly goes to the CCG which will be a great transition statement. However, overtime I don't think people will remember beating MU as the key that got NE into the CCG.

If Nebraska loses, this game will be remembered forever. MU will not let you forget. The BIG12 will not let you forget. Nebraska's entire motivation for leaving the BIG12 will be put in doubt. People will say you left because you couldn't win the conference anymore. Missouri had won the North 3 of last 4 years. Nebraska had only been to the CCG twice in the last decade and had lost both times. It was becoming increasingly obvious that NE was MU's b*tch. Etc, etc. Of course that is all hyperbole.....but it will be said and it will be said often.

Just some food for thought. No pressure tomorrow guys.

If Nebraska wins tomorrow I believe this game becomes somewhat forgettable. Nebraska will have bragging rights over MU, which they have always had anyway. Nebraska almost certainly goes to the CCG which will be a great transition statement. However, overtime I don't think people will remember beating MU as the key that got NE into the CCG.

If Nebraska loses, this game will be remembered forever. MU will not let you forget. The BIG12 will not let you forget. Nebraska's entire motivation for leaving the BIG12 will be put in doubt. People will say you left because you couldn't win the conference anymore. Missouri had won the North 3 of last 4 years. Nebraska had only been to the CCG twice in the last decade and had lost both times. It was becoming increasingly obvious that NE was MU's b*tch. Etc, etc. Of course that is all hyperbole.....but it will be said and it will be said often.

Pretty much. But even though us a fans may be antsy, we have no pressure. We won't be on the field.

Pressure is always on you when you are expected to win. Nebraska has earned that reputation and MU will always nip at the heels in that regard. Pretty sad that ruining MU's best start in 50-60 years will be forgotten soon enough, but a victory over a 1 loss Husker team with a frosh QB would live on forever. I think you just summed up beautifully how both programs are viewed regionally and nationally. Good luck with licking your wounds on Sunday. :nutz

• Fire 1

If we win and then win the big 12 it will mean alot. We will have won the Big 12 the last year it was actually the Big 12. If we lose, it won't matter 10 years from now. Mizzou will still be, and always will be, looking up at us in the Big 10+2 while they lose football as a sport. Why you ask? Because the big texas conference disbanded and nobody wanted to take Misery into their conference, so they couldn't find any teams to play. No games, equals no money, equals no football, and probably eventually no school.

If people say we left because we couldn't hang with Mizzou, they would be morons and Mizzou homers, so really, it's no big deal. Why worry what a moron with no power is saying about you? Better to stare in awe at the awesome display of the moronic. If people are going to be stupid it is exactly 0 sweat off my back.

I'm no Nostradamus, I'm just taking my best guess about what will be said. My next guess is that after MU wins tomorrow you all are going to be thanking me for letting you prepare your defenses in advance. :)

Again, defending yourself from the words of an idiot who can't do anything to you does nothing. Saying NU left because they couldn't hang with NU (assuming NU loses) is just trying to put a happy face on a half century of ass beatings.

EDIT: Hey, I apologize, it sounds like I am trying to belittle the accomplishment of winning a north co-championship that one time and that was not my attention.

I'm no Nostradamus, I'm just taking my best guess about what will be said. My next guess is that after MU wins tomorrow you all are going to be thanking me for letting you prepare your defenses in advance. :)

I suspect, win or lose, we (the Husker fans) will be here. But only in one of those scenarios will Mizzou fans show up (and probably a lot more than are here now) except for the honored few that we see here all year.

I suspect Mizzou will lose about 75% of its support after the loss tomorrow, at least until next fall.

so you will the same for CU right? They were the first to leave... also didn't the whole thing get started by MU's president lobbying for the Big 10 in the first place? But think what you want, in 10 years everyone will say NU left the Big 12 because Mizzou beat them the couple of years. Ok got it. :thumbs Since the Big 12 start, Mizzou has rode the coat tails of NU, CU and KSU, but for the last few years they have had their turn, but there is one thing the previous 3 have in common that Mizzou does not.

I suspect, win or lose, we (the Husker fans) will be here. But only in one of those scenarios will Mizzou fans show up (and probably a lot more than are here now) except for the honored few that we see here all year.

I suspect Mizzou will lose about 75% of its support after the loss tomorrow, at least until next fall.

Honored or not, I'll be here Sunday to give my analysis of the game....regardless of the outcome.

If Nebraska loses, its the same as if we win, long term it just one game. I mean sure there's "bragging rights" for all of about a week for either team and right now it looks like its for the north... but do you think "we beat mizzou in the last game with them" is gonna impress Wisconsin or Ohio State next year?

The game will be forgotten win or lose until we end up in a bowl together then dredged up by some media production to try and hype that match-up.

I know Mizzou fans like to try and pull the "what have you done for us lately" in the trash talk surrounding this game. It's all you got. The funny thing is it all applies to your crappy team too, how many big 12 titles are those ginormous football trophy rooms sporting down in Mizzou? The history in the series pretty one sided overall, especially when you consider that whole 24 game win streak for NU from the late 70s to the 2000s.

So better get that gloating in next week if you do win. Cause next year you lose your most hyped game and become nothing to us but a footnote in the record-books.

Bottom line is that during the Big 12 era, Nebraska was JUST ANOTHER SCHOOL in the far weaker north division. You can puff out your chest and hate on Missouri football all you want but the fact is you were never able to become the "big dog" you thought you should've been in a pretty weak football conference. Even if you beat Missouri and lose to Oklahoma in the Big 12 CCG (which WILL happen if you face them), you're still just another team in this conference. Oklahoma and Texas have been elite...Missouri, Kansas State, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, OK State have had their years, and Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State have been largely bad. You can keep on thinking you're a step above and its great that the Big 10 split up the divisions and considered you one of the conference powers BUT during the Big 12 years, Nebraska was largely a middle tier team. WHen the Big 12 formed, everyone expected it to be Nebraska vs. Oklahoma or Texas every year in the CCG but you couldn't do it. (You let freaking Kansas hang 70 on you at home for crying out loud). So go ahead and leave feeling like a power house looking down on all the little people but it just isn't the case.

That's not what "people" in general will say, but that's probably what morons will say.