What will this game mean 10 years from now?

It's hilarious that you try to dog us. But by saying that if we win, it's not that big a deal. But if you win, then it will be remembered for at least 10 years. I mean, that pretty much sums it up, lol....

I have Kstate friends who STILL talk about the first time they beat us in 29 years. STILL. But i need not remind them of who's won the more of the last 60. lol, 10 years....

So better get that gloating in if you do win in the next week. Cause next year you lose your most hyped game and become nothing to us but a footnote in the record-books.

Sorry to tell you but we've had bigger games against lowly kU over the past few years than we've had with you.

That looks like a trend that will continue doesn't it?

Go on about how we we're just a bad team in a weak division, we'll remind you that you conveniently forgot your team is worse.

Why don't you go ahead and tell us we are all living in the past, we'll just come back and tell you "at least we have one."

Nebraska isn't the powerhouse it was a decade ago right now. Good job spotting that one. Pointing out we've been down in the last decade doesn't change anything for us... we already knew. If anything it just cheapens your victories.

There isn't a single moment in Mizzou football history we envy.

Feel free to go over to the KU boards and make with the "we'll have bragging rights forever" posts then. Cause with us, you don't and never will.

I'm not really sure I got my point across as well as I'd liked with this thread. I thought of an analogy that may help. If a book were to be written about all the craziness of the conference realignment of 2010, I don't think a MU loss to NE would even be mentioned. I believe a MU win over NE would dominate most of the final chapter.

Really Nebraska fans should take it as a compliment (just as DJR313 expressed). Nebraska beating Missouri really isn't news at a national level. Missouri handing NE a final loss on their way out will open up so many questions.

Only if the author is a Mizzou fan. You guys are blind. Nobody besides MU fans will care about this game in 10 years, regardless of the outcome.

I'm not really sure I got my point across as well as I'd liked with this thread. I thought of an analogy that may help. If a book were to be written about all the craziness of the conference realignment of 2010, I don't think a MU loss to NE would even be mentioned. I believe a MU win over NE would dominate most of the final chapter.

Really Nebraska fans should take it as a compliment (just as DJR313 expressed). Nebraska beating Missouri really isn't news at a national level. Missouri handing NE a final loss on their way out will open up so many questions.

Curious as to what questions would be made? :dunno

To be fair to you I don't think that Chiefs fellow is doing you any favors.

If Nebraska wins tomorrow I believe this game becomes somewhat forgettable. Nebraska will have bragging rights over MU, which they have always had anyway. Nebraska almost certainly goes to the CCG which will be a great transition statement. However, overtime I don't think people will remember beating MU as the key that got NE into the CCG.

If Nebraska loses, this game will be remembered forever. MU will not let you forget. The BIG12 will not let you forget. Nebraska's entire motivation for leaving the BIG12 will be put in doubt. People will say you left because you couldn't win the conference anymore. Missouri had won the North 3 of last 4 years. Nebraska had only been to the CCG twice in the last decade and had lost both times. It was becoming increasingly obvious that NE was MU's b*tch. Etc, etc. Of course that is all hyperbole.....but it will be said and it will be said often.

Just some food for thought. No pressure tomorrow guys.

Funny thing is Missouri wanted that same Big Ten offer haha, saying that they wanted to leave the conference ruled by the Texas-Nebraska-Oklahoma big 3. Then they panicked when they didn't get it, and now their trying to tell us we're wrong for leaving?????

Sorry to tell you but we've had bigger games against lowly kU over the past few years than we've had with you.

When was the last time KU-Missouri was on TV? KU had one great year with Mangino and one decent year, that's it.

Why not just call it like it was? The entire north division has been inconsistent at best in the big 12 era. However that worked to our advantage because we (every team in the division) could have a mediocre season, win the division and still have a shot at a BCS bowl. Life gets much tougher for Missouri next year with the round robin format. KU, KSU and ISU won't even have a realistic chance at winning seasons no matter how soft their non-con opponents are.

Hmm what was the topic? 10 years from now I doubt anyone will care about this game unless the game has a classic moment.

Curious as to what questions would be made? :dunno

I think he's referring to the one about, "maybe Nebraska ran away from Mizzou????????????????????????" The one that, as I mentioned earlier, would only be asked by a complete moron. I cannot stress this enough. Only a moron would pose such a question.

What question they should really be asking is, "how the hell are we going to survive when we have to play every team from the south every year?"

The absurdity of this bullsh#t compounds when you look at the fact that the only reason that question could possibly get posed is that, as usual, Nebraska was better than Missouri at getting what it wanted.

H E L L O B I G 1 0

When was the last time KU-Missouri was on TV? KU had one great year with Mangino and one decent year, that's it.

Let's not get too ridiculous if we can help it. They were on TV last year and it was a really good game.

EDIT: This thread makes my head hurt. All I'm getting from is it is a decent, well intentioned MU fan warned us that Mizzou fans might try to revise history to save face if they win in the same thread where a one week Mizzou fan tries to revise history to save face. Gah.

KNOW YOUR PLACE! This is the sad reality of Missouri football - even if you beat us, even if you win the conference, even if you go on to a swell BCS game and win that, even if ALL of that happens, nationally you'll still be a side story. Sure, you'll get some pub for a while - Cincy did last year, too - but after bowl season and we move on, your role in this will be ignored. Why? Because you're not a national powerhouse. You're not one of the Pillars of College Football. You're a bit-player, not a marquee headliner.

It has never been more clear what MUs place is then right now. We just knocked off a number one, set a Gameday attendance record, huge TV ratings in STL/KC and are the number 2 team according Jeff Saragin's ratings. Still we are 7+ pt dogs this Saturday and only a handful of the respectable media think we can win. Is that because Nebraska really is that much more impressive this year or because of your history? What does MU have to do to be relevant in your opinion? Win a MNC and get a Heisman winner? If they did both in the next five years would you consider them worthy of the marquee? Or would their pitifull performance in the 70s, 80s and 90s still taint them? I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a win tomorrow wouldn't change a thing.

It has never been more clear what MUs place is then right now. We just knocked off a number one, set a Gameday attendance record, huge TV ratings in STL/KC and are the number 2 team according Jeff Saragin's ratings. Still we are 7+ pt dogs this Saturday and only a handful of the respectable media think we can win. Is that because Nebraska really is that much more impressive this year or because of your history? What does MU have to do to be relevant in your opinion? Win a MNC and get a Heisman winner? If they did both in the next five years would you consider them worthy of the marquee? Or would their pitifull performance in the 70s, 80s and 90s still taint them? I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a win tomorrow wouldn't change a thing.

Exactly. Again, I want to be clear that this is national perception that we're talking here, not my opinion. I'm not trying to crack on Missouri.

The national media rides its "flavors of the month" every year, and this year Missouri is one of those flavors. But to have true staying power in the national picture you have to be a regular contender for conference titles and major bowls. Major trophy winners helps, too, but doesn't guarantee a spot in the limelight. National perception is based solely on glamor points.

Let's not get too ridiculous if we can help it. They were on TV last year and it was a really good game.

Let me back track there. I know KU is a rivalry for them and has had a lot of quality games in the series. However, we've had a lot of big games with Missouri too.

but it will be said and it will be said often.

...So?

No offense, but I have yet to meet a Nebraska fan that really cares what others think of why we are leaving the conference or what those in the Big XII will say after. You seem to think we care when we really don't.

If we lose (which is definitely a possibility, MU is looking good), Missouri will have bragging rights. Yay...who cares besides Missouri? Nobody. Texas already has bragging rights...who cares beyond Texas? Nobody.

You won't let us forget by, what, coming to a message board for a team that is no longer even in your conference? Or you'll randomly drive up to Nebraska just to gloat? If the second is the case, thanks for the influx of money into our state's economy.

I'm genuinely curious how you're never going to let us forget.