The Ed Cunningham Thread

TaraTony

Aside from the helmet-to-helmet crusade, I don't have a problem with Cunningham. I thought he called two good games, again with that one annoying caveat.

Is there anything besides his soapbox yelling about helmet hits that people don't like about him?

That's the funny thing. With all of the terrible announcing tandems out there, I actually think Ed calls a pretty good game. I'm not sold on the idea that he has it out for NU, and there are plenty of announcers and other media types who I do believe hold NU in a sour light, for whatever reason.

I think Ed just failed miserably in his breakdown of the big hits in the OSU and MU games. He took a current hot button issue and tried to apply the national discussion to these specific instances, and the attempt was ill conceived and horrendously blundered with his inaccurate analysis.

Still, Ed has had a better week then a certain writer for Yahoo Sports. :lol:

If that was targeting and "dirty" then so should that Mizzou player leading with his helmet into Taylor's thigh and the Mizzou lineman driving Taylor's head into the ground. We see tons of concussions from head-to-ground contact, so why isn't Eddie going off on that? Maybe because that will show that the real problem is the lack of helmet padding, not hits.

Watch the film, he hit Taylor with his shoulder.

I agree with TigerNuts ... he led with his shoulder ... just like Martin did. It was a good hit ... just football.

SheepdogMark

I believe Ed Cunningham should actually be on the Big 12 payroll. He could be on the "Bad call" police patrol. He could have a little badge and a monitor with a microphone to discuss, in depth the details of why "He" thinks the hit was illegal, and he could wear a striped shirt if he wants. He can start with this video of the Oklahoma vs Colorado game last week. If you notice at the 5:58 mark, you will see Kenny Stills of Oklahoma CLEARLY hit an unsuspecting Terrel Smith of Colorado, helmet to helmet and then push him off with his hands. No call, and by the way this game was full of no calls on the Sooners, crack backs, blocking in the back, the list was long.