Courtney Osborne's hit on Gabbert has been sent to Big 12 for review?

Nexus

i do not think coaches should be able to send in video. first, it just looks like he is being a sore loser. second, they obviously have an agenda. the big 12 should watch the games and then determine if a hit is deemed questionable and then review it.

It's not a lot different than a coach throwing the red flag on a play they want reviewed.

i do not think coaches should be able to send in video. first, it just looks like he is being a sore loser. second, they obviously have an agenda. the big 12 should watch the games and then determine if a hit is deemed questionable and then review it.

It's not a lot different than a coach throwing the red flag on a play they want reviewed.

i see the argument why coaches would be able to send in a video of an illegal hit, they would best know about it, so it is a nice self-policing system to help the big 12 out. however, it is a lot different than throwing the red flag. that has a direct impact in the game, during the game. if you want to use a red flag analogy, it is more like throwing the red flag in the fourth quarter to challenge a touchdown in the the first quarter.

that makes me wonder, why are illegal hit penalties not re-viewable? is it because every play would be reviewed, or what?

edit: knapplc, after thinking about it, i do get your analogy. because in both instances, the coaches are given latitude in helping the officials/big 12 regulate the game.

Very true, but that is DURING the game. I can't say pelini wouldn't have done the same thing, but this is par for the course from pinkel.