Courtney Osborne's hit on Gabbert has been sent to Big 12 for review?

Nexus

I just watched Cam's sack that got a personal foul for Leading with his helmet / Facemask. IMO it has way more grounds for an illegal hit than Courtney's, and was correctly flagged. But what happens when Courtney is suspended and Cam isn't? This is the big 12 office sitting on a bombshell waiting for it to go off.

Cam%20hit.png

Facemask to facemask... completely legal.

People need to understand that the term "Helmet to helmet" doesn't constitute and illegal hit. Just because to helmets collide doesn't make it illegal. It is illegal when the defender leads with the crown of his helmet (eyes down) to make the play, this didn't happen here.

They need to check Cunningham for a vagina. I bet it's there. Does he have a beef with us because he played for Washington? I see nothing wrong with the hit at all. I would have done the same thing if I'm Osborne. I like Gabbert's scared face in that one picture before contact is made. Classic. And to whoever brought up the facemask on Gabbert, what would they have gained from that penalty? They would have been on the 1/2 yard line instead of the.... oh wait, they got there anyway because of another blown call. Jeez. I think our 90s blackshirts would have all been suspended this year for the hits we used to make on the QBs. Especially Tomich.

I just watched Cam's sack that got a personal foul for Leading with his helmet / Facemask. IMO it has way more grounds for an illegal hit than Courtney's, and was correctly flagged. But what happens when Courtney is suspended and Cam isn't? This is the big 12 office sitting on a bombshell waiting for it to go off.

Can you elaborate a bit more on why you believe this hit is illegal and Osborne's is not?

To me, it appears that the same area of the helmet is making contact with Gabbert's facemask in both plays. I'm honestly just curious what your thoughts may be.

Yes, the biggest reason this was flagged correctly was right after this frame Cam grabbed Gabbert's fask with his hand. It looked incidental, like it almost got caught in there, but illegal none the less.

As for the leading with the crown, the angle of Cams helmet here is much more downward than Courtney's was. At the last second before the hit, Cam puts his eyes down and begins to lead with his crown. I don't think the crown ever made it to be fully leading, but it was enough where Cam was no longer looking ahead, he was now looking down.

Just my two cents.

Link that Pinkle wanted an opinion on the hit. Brief story.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-missouri-tigers-mizzou-asks-bi-110110,0,5499447.story

Can someone please enlighten me? How can Pinkel on one had say it was just a hard hit and that he didn't think there was any malice intent and then on the other hand submit the video for review? Seriously??? Is that not a completely opposite train of thought?

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-missouri-tigers-mizzou-asks-bi-110110,0,5499447.story

Can someone please enlighten me? How can Pinkel on one had say it was just a hard hit and that he didn't think there was any malice intent and then on the other hand submit the video for review? Seriously??? Is that not a completely opposite train of thought?

That does seem somewhat contradictory.

http://www.ky3.com/n...0,5499447.story

That does seem somewhat contradictory.

Oh yes, Pinkel blows smoke up people a$$ all the time.

I will find any suspension of another Nebraska player complete BS until Beebe suspends a player from a different school(a handful from just this weekend) for these types of hits. Oklahoma State hit Martinez with a couple of flagrant helmet to helmet style hits, and NU did not go down the road Pinkel is. Is this really the example you wish to set for your team? "If you can't beat them, say they didn't play fair?" This seems like whining and bitterness from someone who lost. Pinkel....lose like a man. Have some dignity. This is sad, very sad. I thought Mizzou was above this.

I hope he sends it in. Most all the calls Pinkel makes seem to not work for him somehow.

We call it Pinkel'D.

If I were his player, I would lose respect for my coach for going to daddy to make sure the team that just WAXED us gets some type of cummupance