Courtney Osborne's hit on Gabbert has been sent to Big 12 for review?

Nexus

The funny thing is big hits have been happening forever. Anyone remember the 1978 Oklahoma game, the 'hit' by John Ruud? In today's day and age he would have been suspended the next game for 'targeting a defenseless player'. It's gotten waaaay out of control.

Jack Tatum would have perma banned from the NFL for life if he were playing now. Spearing is one thing but big hits are just that, big hits.

LET THEM PLAY!

:bonesflag:

• Fire 2

If Osborne is suspended then I hope the Big 12 is going to take the initiative to start reviewing every game and every play in order to ascertain what his is worthy of suspension and what isn't. Otherwise, this looks like you're targeting the school that almost cost you your career.

Gray Pinkel is a Tool, and if Osborne gets suspended I will drive to Dallas find Dan Beebe and kick him square in the crotch.

I'll chip in for gas!

that makes me wonder, why are illegal hit penalties not re-viewable? is it because every play would be reviewed, or what?

I think it's mainly because penalties are generally judgement calls and when you look at them you could call something different everytime. Not to mention the speed at which you play it back changes how flagrant/devastating things look.

Is there proof other than that tweet? Where did he get his information?

Omaha World Herald

Thanks. If Pinkel is going to send in stuff, he should be prepared to have other teams watch all of MU's games with a fine tooth comb to find questionable hits. Teams are going to start watching film of upcoming games hoping to find something to get a player suspended. Because of this, the league shouldn't allow submissions, just watch the games themselves and determine if a suspension is justifiable.

If Osborne is suspended then I hope the Big 12 is going to take the initiative to start reviewing every game and every play in order to ascertain what his is worthy of suspension and what isn't. Otherwise, this looks like you're targeting the school that almost cost you your career.

exactly. all have this has the appearance of impropriety. coaches sending in tapes and nebraska players being singled out. there needs to be an objective standard and an arbiter executing this policy. it should also be re-viewable by the ncaa. i do not get why a safety measure would be limited to a conference, i know it is because they have the authority to suspend players, but so does the ncaa.

After watching the video, I think that the hit might be helmet to helmet but if you notice that Gabbert turned his head toward Osborne so its Gabberts fault for what happened. Not only that but it looked like Gabbert was faking when he got up slowly and started to walk over to the sideline. I call say that if they suspend Osborne they should also suspend Gabbert for turning his head toward that hit.

Now that pandora has been released from the box, they might as well get rid of the helmets and shoulderpads and replace them with a waistband with a flag velcroed on each side. I remember when I played ball how our coaches would always talk about the snot bubble hits. Today, those type of hits get you suspended.